Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thank You, Lord

Lord God, yet another day to be thankful for the breath you have given me. Yet another day for Your Word in my life. Yet another day to be thankful for the things You have given me. I especially thank You for Your wisdom. I realize how long I lived without true understanding.

I'm thankful for friends who also abide in You and love the things of You. Thank You for the words You speak to all of us that bring confirmation into our lives that You truly are speaking to us!

All this comes from that first step we took at one point in our lives. That step of faith to trust You as Lord and Savior of our lives. I cannot imagine what it would be like to live without You as my center. Granted I'm not perfect and there are days when it seems like You are lost in busyness of daily routines. But then there are days when everything I do has a thought of You behind it. I wish there were more days like that!

Thank You for Your gift of salvation. Thank You that I didn't have to earn it but that You freely chose to give it to me. Thank You that I am a sinner saved by grace. I am reminded that there is no one righteous, no not one. But somehow, You have made me righteous since I have placed my trust in You, have invited You into my life.

Thank You for Your Holy Spirit. Let His voice come louder in my life. Let me hear the still, small voice. Thank You for the gift of praise and worship. You rejoice in us with singing so why shouldn't we rejoice in You the same way?

Strengthen us with all power and might. Help us to realize more fully that power You have given us. Why is it we just don't understand what power we truly have? Open our eyes to that in each of us. You have told us that the works You did we also will do and in greater measure. Thank You for being our mediator, our intercessor for us to our Father. Show us the power we have as children of God having Christ in us.

This IS the day you have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. You are our Redeemer. You live. You have defeated our enemy and as long as we are devoted to You, we will not be harmed. You have given us eternal life. At our salvation You healed us spiritually. We may die a physical death, but You have promised us life.

Lord, our world needs a touch from You. We need revival. We need to have the fresh wind of Your Spirit blow across the land. Only through Your power will nations be healed and people be guided to You. I admit there are times I don't understand why You wait when things are so out of control. Are You trying to see who will step out in faith here on earth to do Your will? No doubt, that's the answer. Strengthen us.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart today be pleasing to You. Let every work that I do be focused on You and be done out of a desire to please You.

Only You are worthy to be praised. Only You are our provider, our strength, our hope, our wisdom. I can't imagine a day without knowing You are beside me. I feel sorry for those who don't understand that concept. A day will come when men's hearts will fear for the things we will see. I pray that we will be ready to help alleviate those fears. I pray for the day when the voice of Your people will be heard and not rejected.

Thank You, Lord, for so many things...too numerous to mention. In Your name, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment