Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just What is the Bible?

2Timothy 3:16 - All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness...

Tomorrow I have a topic I want to discuss but as I got my thoughts together, I felt I needed to write this first.

Just what is the Bible? There will be people who will dispute that it truly is by Divine inspiration. You have to believe in
God to believe in the Bible. For those of us who do believe it is our tool to understand the things of God, not just the rights and wrongs but to understand prophecy concerning the end of days, about heaven, like I've mentioned before, and even the character of God.

I have heard it said that the Bible is God's love letter to those who believe in Him.

One concept that I find amazing is that not only is the Bible a book of inspired writings, but it is the person of Jesus. John 1:1-2 describes it this way:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. Jesus is that Word. I love this. It makes the thought that it's God's love letter to us come alive. He speaks to us of all things. He gives us promises. He tells us of His love, His chastening and His judgment. He has shown us that He uses imperfect people.With that little bit said, let me show you God's Love Letter to those who have chosen to receive Jesus as Lord of their life. As children of God, these promises are for you. They were written thousands of years ago, but they are just as true today. Let the words of God take hold in your heart.

You may not know me, but I know everything about you... Psalm 139:1
I know when you sit down and when you rise up... Psalm 139:2
I am familiar with all your ways... Psalm 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered... Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in my image... Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being... Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring.... Acts 17:28

I knew you even before you were conceived... Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose you when I planned creation... Ephesians 1: 11-12
You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book... Psalm 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live... Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made... Psalm 139:14
I knit you together in your mother's womb... Psalm 139:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born... Psalm 71:6

I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me... John 8:41-44
I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love... I John4:16
A
nd it is my desire to lavish my love on yo
u simply because you are my child
and I am your father... 1 John3:1
I offer you more than your earthly parents ever could... Matthew 7:11
For I am the perfect father/mother... Matthew 5:48

Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand... James 1:17
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs... Matthew 6:31-33
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope... Jeremiah 29:11
Because I love you with an everlasting love... Jeremiah 31:3

My thoughts towards you are countless as the sand on the seashore... Psalm 139:17-18
And I rejoice over you with singing... Zephaniah 3:17
I will never stop doing good to you... Jeremiah 32:40
For you are my treasured possession... Exodus 19:5

I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul... Jeremiah 32:41
And I want to show you great and marvelous things... Jeremiah 33:3

If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me... Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart... Psalm 37:4
For it is I who gave you those desires... Phillipians 2:13
I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine... Ephesians 3:20
For I am your greatest encourager..
. 2 Thessalonia
ns 2:16-17
I am also the Father/Mother who comforts you in all your troubles... 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you... Psalm 34:18

As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close you my heart... Isaiah 40:11
One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes and will take away all the pain you
have suffered on this earth.... Revelation 21:3-4
I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus... John 17:23
For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed... John 17:26
He is the exact representation of my being... Hebrews 1:3
He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you... Romans 8:31
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins... 2 Corinthians 5:18-19

Jesus died so that I could be reconciled... 2 Corinthians 5:18-19

His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you... I John 4:10
I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love... Romans 8:38-39
Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen... Luke 15:7
I have always been your Parent, and will always be your Parent... Ephesians 3:14-15

My question is ... Will you be my child? John 1:12-13
I am waiting for you ... Luke 15:11-32



Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the promises and am learning...daily... to be grateful for the responsibility that comes along with them!

    ReplyDelete