Monday, June 1, 2009

Good Fodder

Jeremiah 29:13 - And you shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart.

There are so many things to be thankful for in life. I'm sure each one of us could come up with our own list. As I was mowing the lawn Saturday the thought ran through my head that I was most thankful for knowing Jesus.

I think that about sums things up. The God who created all things, including me, and who knows each person by name, who knows every thought and intent of our hearts, who willingly died for us so long ago so we could be reconciled with our Heavenly Father...

I was thinking how grateful I am that I can see Him in just about anything. In nature, in animals and birds and in everyday occurrences that come out looking like modern-day parables. Seasons, for instance...spring is birth (or spiritual rebirth), summer is growth, fall is pruning and readying for rest and winter is that rest. I had deep thoughts about this when I was MUCH younger, before I'd even read about these things.

God has given me a desire to dig deeper, keep on learning, meditate and "dream" on His Word. I enjoy looking for Him in all things. I am thankful He is always with me. He will have the passenger seat alongside me this week. I am also thankful that He is with everyone else at the same time. What an incredible God.

I am spending a few days "on the road." I'm leaving this morning and returning Thursday night or Friday morning. Just me, my car, my camera and my Lord. It's something I haven't done in years and am looking forward to just tooling around the hollows and ridges of farmland western Wisconsin and witnessing spring erupt. I'm anticipating some, pardon the farming pun, fodder for blogs. That means I am open to spiritual dialog with the Holy Spirit.

Just for fun I looked up the definition for fodder: coarse food for cattle, horses, or sheep or readily available material used to supply a heavy demand. I like the second definition better! God readily makes available material to write about. He readily makes available His wisdom. This is why I am so thankful. I have always had an inquisitive mind and enjoyed searching things out. Hopefully I won't have to search very far the next few days. And I am sure I will be met with some "fodder" for future blogs!

Matthew 28:20 - and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.



1 comment:

  1. Love this and love the definition of fodder! Never knew it myself!

    ReplyDelete