Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yes and Amen

2Corinthians 1:20 - For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.

Lord God, thank You for Your wisdom and Your words that so enrich my life. I thank You that as a believer even when it seems like You're so far away, You are truly abiding with us--a constant in our lives. There are days when I struggle putting two thoughts together to make any sense and then there are days of great richness where You have opened Your Word to me in such and amazingly easy way. I love those days.

Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and light for my path. Your Word breathes life into a dry soul and brings hope to the hopeless. It is ever true and just. Just as You never change, neither does Your Word. The promises are always yes and amen.

I look at the things happening in this world and what seems so important to many people. I'm reminded how short our life truly is in this world. And then I think about what only You can give us. We cannot live without oxygen; You are the one who breathed life into us. We cannot live without water; You are our Living Water that refreshes when we drink from Your well. We cannot live without bread; Your Word is the Bread of Life. So many don't realize the promises You have for us. I thank You that You bless those who earnestly seek You. You call us Your special treasures and we have lasting value in Your eyes because we have sought You.

You have given me eternal life. You have given me wisdom that is special. I know that that will never end. And I'm certain that one day You will allow me to have a voice that will be heard, a voice that will not worry about what others think. This is my greatest obstacle and I know You know that. I'm looking forward to that day.

Lord, this is the day You have made. I am rejoicing and glad in it. I pray that you bless and comfort family and friends. I ask for spiritual wisdom to be imparted into their lives. I ask that You guide the rest of my day. I ask that You speak to me and impart more words of wisdom into my soul and bring a fresh wind and fresh fire.

In Your name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment