Friday, August 28, 2009

Where Does Your Help Come From?

Psalm 121:1-8

I will lift up my eyes to the hills--
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.


I believe all that transpires in this world that shakes the nations, moves people's hearts to fear can be looked upon as God's allowance to one day show the world Who will deliver us. God doesn't cause it. He allows it.

This Psalm pretty much tells us what we are to do. Since everything is about the LORD (God), to whom do we choose to look to for help?

To those who believe and trust in God alone this is of great comfort. He does not slumber. He knows at all times what is happening across the universe.

He is our Keeper. If we are in Christ we are held in His hands. Isaiah 41:10 reminds us to Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. And know that His hands are enormous, able to hold many people.

He is our Protector...from all sorts of evil and wickedness--anything that might befall us. As it is written, He shall preserve your soul. That means even if death should come to you, if you have entered into covenant with Him, your spiritual life is secure.

From this time forth... I love that. From this time--as a believer this is our new assurance. Whatever is past is past. It's today and future to those who have committed their lives to the Lord.

...and even forevermore. This is eternal life. Death comes naturally but being in Christ means spiritual life forevermore.

I can write until I'm blue in the face about God's salvation. But they're just words until someone chooses to seek God for the answers to the truth of His Word. Ask Him to reveal Himself in a way only you will know and believe in. I think of the woman at the well. She heard a Man she'd never met speak to her about her own sins. She heard God speak to her and she immediately believed...to the point she ran off to tell others about it, to point them to the Truth. If you purposely, and with a heart so pure in your desire, seek God for knowledge of Him He will answer.

Let Him be your Helper, Keeper, Protector/Preserver. See what a difference He makes in your life.

Jeremiah 33:3 - Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously ... where does our help come from...where do we look for help and truth! Knowing He really does answer is what sustains me!

    ReplyDelete