Thursday, August 27, 2009

Let Your Voice Be Heard

1Corinthians 5:4-5 - In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

My, oh my. I check out Glenn Beck every so often on Fox News' website. He had an article and video that wrote about speaking without fear. The day before his guest was Rush Limbaugh. The issue was about the possibility of the end of free speech for conservative talk radio show hosts.

I have to say the more I think about that the more anxious I get. We are seeing signs that are not good. It will probably not only include conservative talk shows but religious programs. This is what makes me the most anxious. I am glued to one or the other in my car.

Here's an excerpt from Beck's article:

"As a recovering alcoholic, I've already lost everything once; I'm better and stronger for it. I didn't need a bailout; I needed to rediscover my principles. I've told my audience for years after I sobered up that I was a dirt-bag — I try my hardest not to be now, but I still make mistakes. They can take my job or my wealth — that's OK because I've been rich and I've been poor. But I was only truly miserable when I was lying to myself or others. And because some of those principles that I've rediscovered and applied to my life are the founding principles of this country.

I know that even if the current powers that be succeed in making me poor again, I will only be stronger for it. And American ingenuity will find another way to get this message out on a platform 1,000 times more powerful.

Because of my faith, I know how this story ends: America prepare to witness mighty, powerful miracles in your lifetime."

I know Glenn Beck has strong religious faith. In the days ahead we are going to need it. We have only some idea what this country and world will experience in the future. Change will take place, as so many have wanted, but will it really be good? I see right now where we need to be on our knees before God praying for His forgiveness for the nation's wrongs and asking for Him to intervene, if it's His will. It may be that that His will includes allow some terrible times. He could deliver us into Satan's hands because of the changes this country so strongly desires.

Beck stated he's been poor before but it only strengthened him. He had come to the end of himself in his alcoholism. In the grand scheme of his life, that was a small thing and he was delivered from it. I'm certain that was God's will. I'm suggesting that the "small" things we experience today are building our faith and strength in the Lord Jesus Christ for His salvation. I'm suggesting that this country will go through disastrous times in order for the mighty hand of God to come upon us to deliver. But first we have to get to the point I mentioned yesterday about coming to the end of ourselves. This is when we will be strengthened. When we as individuals and as a country and world come to the end of ourselves and cry out for mercy, like Israel did, God will intervene. For some it will not be what is expected. It will be according to God's will, not man's. He will return with a vengeance against all sin and degradation in this world. He will come to show many that He has been in control all along, but has allowed the enemy to control for a time, just to get us to that place where we need to call on Him for our salvation.

Many of us know for a fact that Jesus will return. It's only a matter of time. Yes, it's been spoken of for thousands of years and time has come and gone and nothing has happened. God is patient, wanting His Word to spread throughout all the world. Beck said that even if the airwaves will no longer spread the truth, there will be voices out there, stronger than before. That's where Christians come in. Our voices need to be heard.

Time is running out. There are signs in the natural world. It's not getting any better and no man can truly make it happen. The pieces of God's huge puzzle of life are being set into place. All that we see happening today has been prophesied in the Bible. That can be both frightening and exciting, whether we trust in the Lord or not.

We don't know what we will be experiencing in our future. Hanging on to what God has in store after all the trouble in the world is finished is what keeps some from having hearts fail with fear. The miracles Glenn Beck alludes to, I believe, are those things that God has in store to usher in Jesus Christ. That miracle will be of God's own will.

What is God's will? It's far too lengthy a discussion! There are many scriptures that tell us what His will is. First and foremost His will is that we believe and trust in Him and that comes from a relationship with Jesus Christ. Here are some scriptures to plant in your heart:


Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness...
Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
1Thessalonians 4:3 - It is God's will that you should be sanctified...
1Thessalonians 5:16-18, 22 - Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Abstain from every form of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment