Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Who Is Our God?

Our God is holy. Our God is a consuming fire. Our God is greater than all gods. Our God is merciful. Our God is the God of salvation. (Psalm 99:9, Hebrews 12:29, 1Chronicles 2:5, Psalm 116:5, Psalm 68:20)


Lord God, I thank You for this day. It is the day You have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. I thank You for the gift of salvation which is offered to all mankind. I thank You for wooing me and lighting my path in the midst of a dark time in my life. I thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. And I love You for healing me of old wounds. I thank You for bringing joy into my life through Your forgiveness of my sins.


I thank You that You are holy and that by You and through You we are perfected that we might be holy. Thank you for being a Consuming Fire to burn the dross of our lives. You alone are the One who perfects us.


Your name is to be lifted up, O God. Your name is the Name above all names. There is none greater than You. You are called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace. You are our Righteousness. You are the Fountain of Living Water and the Bread of Life, our Rock, the King of kings and Lord of lords. You were the Lamb that was slain before the foundation of the world. You are the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. You are the Lamb who is seated at the right hand of God. Not only are You the Lamb of God, You are the Lion of Judah. You are victorious. You reign. You are our Servant Leader.


You are the Alpha and the Omega, First and Last, Genesis to Revelation. You were before time began and You will reign for all eternity. There is none like You. You are all that we need. You are our Provider, our Peace, our Righteousness, our Healer, our All in all.


You are our strong Tower, our Refuge in time of trouble. You are the Cleft of the rock where we may hide. You are our Protector. You gather us under Your wings like chicks to a mother hen. And we will soar on wings of eagles and not grow faint because You are our Strength.


I thank You that all creation declares Your glory. The works of Your hand, Lord--too numerous to comprehend. The universe is measured by the span of Your hand and the waters in the palm of Your hand. You stretch the heavens like a curtain. You know the name of every star You have created. There is none like You. You are too great for words.


Thank You for tearing down the veil that kept us separate from You. Although Your presence is not seen You are here in the midst of us, by faith, through Your Spirit. Your Spirit lives in us and shows us the truth of Your Word--both the written Word and the Word, Your Son, Jesus. Thank You for such knowledge and revelation within our lives. Thank You for opening up Your Word to us.


You long for the meditations of our hearts and the words of our mouths be pleasing to You. Let Your Word be our guide each day. Your Word, Your Name, is true and just. You were symbolically concealed in the Old Testament and outrightly revealed in the New. How I love Your Word. What riches and treasures are hidden there. You are not only the Light of the World but the Light of Your Word!


My heart rejoices in all things that have to do with You because You have given us all things. Thank You for the excitement You bring when two or more are gathered in Your Name to pray, to study and to just talk about You. How I wish I could put into my own words just who You are! But my words would not compare to Yours.


Lord, a day will come when every knee will bow and every tongue will confess You as Lord. I thank You for giving me the opportunity to have confessed You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You that You ceaselessly call people to Yourself, to become children of God, heirs of the King. You already know who the elect are and it is in Your perfect timing that they are called.


Lord God, I believe in You. I worship You. I love You. I trust You. I seek You. My hope is in You. I wait for Your glorious return.


Psalm 130:5 - I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment