Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Your Will Be Done On Earth

Matthew 6:10 - Let Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

I prayed this the other day. We have an election coming up. Sometimes I get a little anxious thinking about the outcome and then have to remind myself (constantly) that God is in control. He will place the man in power that will carry out the next phase of His plans for this country and the world. We cannot place our trust in a man, unless He is THE Man! 



I'm certain of this...some day people will begin to truly wonder what is happening to us. And one of two things will happen. Either there will be a rush to the churches and a lot of questioning as to what is going on, or there will be a lot of confusion, fear, even anger...and a turning from God. Whatever happens, I believe we will be seeing God at work, preparing the Way for His return. In the process He will be attempting to draw all men unto Him. 

And we have the choice to make...seek God for His protection, through salvation in no one other than Jesus Christ, or attempt to set things straight in man's own way. Fists will be shaken, scoffers looming at those who believe and trust in the Lord. There will even be a falling away of some who have trusted in the Lord only to see trouble brewing. Oh, Lord, let me have the strength in those days to continue my walk with You, to not be shaken but be proven through Your strength. My name does not mean victorious for nothing!

As we pray for His will to be done, we must realize that it could be rough for us. We might have to succumb even more to what Jesus experienced...hatred, persecution...even trying times. That's why we must have this relationship with Him now, so we are built up in our strength (...rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. Colossians 2:7). He will carry us through. We must be found absolutely faithful to Him in those days...those days when the road becomes narrower and narrower and fewer and fewer people are on it. (“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it." Matthew 7:13)

Heavenly Father, continue to build us up in our faith. Continue to lead us down the true path of victory in You. Thank You for Your call on our lives for salvation and continue to open the eyes of the blind each day, Lord God. Unstop the ears of the deaf. Make the lame to find the narrow path that they might walk upon it. 

We can be so sure of our salvation if we just receive Christ into our lives. It's an easy commitment to make: Lord, it is my desire to know You and Your wisdom right now. It is my desire that You cleanse me of my sins. I repent of the life I have lived without You. I ask for Your forgiveness. I thank You that You are a living God, full of mercy to those who seek You. You give us greater wisdom of who You are when we are determined to seek You. You hold the keys to our future. Thank You for showing me the right and narrow way.

Proverbs 30:4 - Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son’s name, if you know? 







No comments:

Post a Comment