Friday, October 26, 2012

Praises to God!


Psalm 98:1 - Oh, sing to the LORD a new song! For He has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory. 

Lord God,

Thank You for this day. Thank You for who You are in my life. Thank You for Your free gift of salvation, for Your shed blood on the cross...Your death for my life. For Your resurrection and Your living among us today.

Heavenly Father, forgive me of my insecurities and oh so many faults. I know in You I am Your new creation and yet still so in need of You. I have Your righteousness and holiness, not because I deserve them but because You chose to give them...and not just to me but for anyone who desires to be in relationship with You.

I thank You that only You can open the eyes of those who do not know You in ways unimaginable, that they might believe. I thank You for Your creativeness. Continue to soften hearts to receive You. Let us be able to see the need in others. Let us respond like You would. Let us be Your hands and feet.

You know, Lord, I am not arrogant about my relationship with You. I am unworthy, and yet You love me just the same. Thank You that's how You feel about others. I pray that we do not frown at the thought of someone not knowing You instead of feeling a desire they do know You. Give us compassion for their souls.  Forgive us, Lord, if we fail in this area. Forgive us as You forgive them because "they know not what they do."

Your name is holy. Your name is above all other names. No one is greater than You. You are high and lifted up. The train of Your robe fills the temple with glory. What a vision that is. Your name is beautiful. There is no other name but the name of Jesus. How I long to see Your face...that our faith will be replaced by Your face.

With that thought and vision in my mind, let Your kingdom come, Father God. Let Your will be done. We see this world in turmoil and see the anger and/or fear that is arising because people are not seeing the hope and change they had been looking for. You are the only real hope and change. Let all mankind put their trust in You, for only You are worthy.

Lord, provide for us today. Whatever our need might be, let us look to You for it. Sometimes our only need is to be in Your will...and all other things will fall into place. Hallelujah! Our need today may not be the need of tomorrow, but then You know it all; nothing is hidden from You. We can trust in You.

Let us call on You in every time of need. Remind us that we are who You say we are in You and that at just the mention of Your name, Jesus, our enemy must take flight from our presence. We are stronger than we know! We have power we cannot even yet imagine...let us use that power to overcome any obstacle thrown before us, including any temptation.

You alone, my God, are the King of all. Your power far exceeds the power of any man and only You, Lord, are to be glorified. I will trust in You for my life, my hope and, above all, my change. Continue to change me, to make me into exactly that person You desire me to be.

I will praise Your name forever.

John 17:11 - Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.

No comments:

Post a Comment