Friday, October 16, 2009

Witnesses of Truth

Isaiah 43:10 - "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me.

The question in my mind lately is about truth. And now I read about it in Isaiah. How amazing is that? That's the way God works. He knows our thoughts and I believe even if we do not vocalize our concerns, He will direct us to answers. Isaiah 43:9 says Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled. Who among them can declare this, and show us former things? Let them [the nations] bring out their witnesses, that they may be justified; or let them hear and say, "It is truth."

The Truth is Jesus Christ. Isaiah 43 tells us all about a Redeemer of Israel. I like to highlight when something impacts me. I could have highlighted all of this chapter! Back then the Redeemer was God. Today it is Jesus. The past has repeated itself. That's the Truth and the Truth of Jesus Christ. The truth is trusting in Jesus only.

The people of Israel trusted God, then quit--repeatedly. God grieved and forgave when they called out to Him. It's no different today. In the end God will prevail, His Truth (Christ) will be known. He is calling people to turn back to Him. Deaf ears and blind eyes need to be opened .

It is the LORD who created, healed and redeemed His people, just like He does today. Trusting in Truth is fearing not. Fearing not all that comes before us in our own intimate lives (personal, family, church) and in the world (finances, wars, failing or falling nations, corrupt governments, leaders).

God gives us promises as His children:

Isaiah 43:2 - When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.
Isaiah 43:5a - Fear not, for I am with you...
Isaiah 43:19b - I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

Here's a question: Do you know Jesus? Not just know of Him but know Him intimately? These promises apply to those who truly believe, who have asked Christ into their lives. Who do you say you trust today? Do you trust leaders or government? You can't even always trust your church. So who is left? Obviously, the answer is Jesus.

As believers we need to show that our trust is in Christ alone. As believers, having been redeemed, we are God's witnesses. We have been chosen by Him to believe on Him and convey the message, that I, even I, am the LORD, and besides Me there is no savior (Isaiah 43:11). Only Christ saves.

If it sounds like this is all I write about, it's because it is the truth!

Just like there's turmoil in our country, there's turmoil in Israel today. It's only a matter of time when an attack against them will occur. I recently read that all the furniture, utensils and priests' garments like in the original Jewish Temple are being done or are finished. I've read an article in an Israel newspaper that "training" for priests on ceremonies and sacrifices is taking place. It is believed by some that one sign for the last days is the rebuilding of their Temple. All this has been prophesied. It has been prophesied that one sign for the last days is the rebuilding of their Temple. I cannot possibly go into detail here. It's a whole different study and one I'm not truly qualified to discuss.

The Truth is Jesus will make Himself known to these people, either through witnesses or directly by Himself. If only they could see the Truth and trust in Him now. Like those who have accepted the Lord into their lives, their sins would be forgiven with just the professing of Christ. Let us who follow Jesus remember who He is, what He has done for us and what we are now to do.

Isaiah 43:25-26a - "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins. Put Me in remembrance...

No comments:

Post a Comment