Wednesday, October 14, 2009

But God...

1Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 

But God. There's a phrase I love. It's a phrase I've been repeating to myself over and over. It provides strength and comfort for any situation.

I had a mini breakdown last night...finally. There's a situation I'm aware of that is demanding answers. What's happened is darkly shrouded in hushed voices, speculation and eyes searching others' eyes wondering what they know but not wanting to find out. However, truth is necessary. Acknowledging failure, if that's the case, needs to happen. Forgiveness also needs to take place. And then--healing will begin. Honestly, I would like to believe this is all a mistake.

We go through issues in life, whether our own or others', in order to learn. For myself it's the importance of keeping my eyes focused on Jesus. He sees the beginning from the end when we only see what's right before our eyes...or what we perceive. It's just important to be satisfied with allowing God alone bring the truth to light. Jesus is the Truth. Trust in that Truth. That is so hard. But truth always prevails.

But God...by His wisdom and His power He will accomplish all that He needs to. I realize God knows what He's doing. We cannot keep anything hidden from Him. And He continues to love us just the same. All He desires is a turning from wrong. When there's falseness in our lives, it will be exposed. It's the only way God can continue to purify and cleanse us, by bringing to the surface those things in us that need to shrivel up and die in the light and power of Christ.

But God...Genesis 50:20 - As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good... This is for those on the outside looking in on any circumstance. We may find it difficult to understand how good could come out of something bad, but God promises it will. Continue to trust in the Lord, step by step.

My heart is hurting. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26). If a wrong has been done, the longer it is hidden, the greater God's punishment. I don't want to see that happen. The consequences will not just be for this individual, but the entire family and friends. Man fails and he falls and most certainly can turn away from the Lord.  We all can, no matter who we are, even daily in small things. But God...But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19). Stay focused on Him and trust whatever happens it's best for all.

I'm thankful that even when we stumble, fall and fail, He picks us up, forgives us when we have asked for it, works yet another flaw out of our humanness and continues to purify us. It is because of His love for us.  But God...demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us....  But God...who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us... Who can forgive sins but God alone? (Romans 5:8, Ephesians 2:4, Mark 2:7b)

1Peter 5:10 - But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 

1 comment:

  1. "Father if You are willing, take this cup from us ... yet not our will but Yours be done ..."

    ReplyDelete