Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What More Can I Say?

Isaiah 55:6 - Seek the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near.

What more can I say? It's always about Jesus. His love, His mercy, His desire that all should know Him intimately.

Nothing satisfies more than the deep knowledge of an unseen God. Just because we cannot see Him doesn't mean He does not exist. He's always a prayer away to those wanting to know Him.

Isaiah tells us in Chapter 55 that God has what we need. Thirsty? Hungry? Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters...Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in abundance. (Isaiah 55:1a, 2) Why else would He be called the Bread of Life or the Fountain of Living Water? He has all we need.

If we give up our own ideas of what life should be like, what we think we need to make us happy, and accept Jesus, we shall be satisifed. Isaiah 55:3a - Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live...

Everlasting = lasting through all time, eternal. Without Jesus we will always flounder. Hah! Flounder? Isn't that a fish? Didn't Jesus enlist the help of fishermen? Didn't He say they would become fishers of men? Isn't that who we are without Jesus--people who just flounder through life without a purpose? Haven't we all at one time asked what we are here for? Let Him catch you in His net.

What more can I say?

Isaiah 55:6-7 - Seek the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, and He will have mercy on him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. I think about the three people who died in a sweat lodge recently in Colorado. One man was from Milwaukee. His obituary stated he was searching for truth. How sad he probably did not find it.

No one will ever find truth without first searching for the Lord. It's as simple as that. When I was 40 I lost my mother to cancer. That time was all a blur. It must have taken it's toll because I decided to quit my job and get away from it all. I packed my bike, got a plane ticket to Luxembourg and spent seven weeks biking through Europe--searching for myself. I believe God was with me even then, every step of the way, in the people I met and safety I experienced, even down to very real needs that I expressed out loud to myself. God heard me and those needs were met--without my knowledge of His hand. He knew a day would come when my searching for myself would end when I found Him.

Now I now my purpose is to glorify God in everything I do. To know Him as Truth and to trust Him with my life.

Why should we trust our own ideas? Who gave us life? Who gave us our abilities and gifts? If we do according to His plans we will not fail. Some believe our gifts and ideas are our own; they are our gifts, but gifts from God's knowledge and wisdom of who He wants us to be. He knows what's best for us. It's true, our Father knows best!

Despite the troubles life can bring, He gives us peace, joy, singing, blessings instead of cursings. With or without us God's plans for this world will be accomplished. I'd rather be on the safe side, on God's side. Seek Him and His Word.

Isaiah 55:11 - So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading this blog of yours and learning more about you every day ... biking in Europe! I know you're active, but that is fascinating ... just as it is to learn more about Jesus every day if we just read His words as we would a friend's blog ... it really is that easy!

    ReplyDelete