Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Healed

Matthew 11:4-6 - Jesus answered and said to them, "Go and tell John the things which you hear and see: The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them. And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me." 

I was all of those things once. I can pretty much guess most are like this before encountering Christ.

I was once blind to the truth of God's Word. I couldn't see or understand it spiritually. I was lame because I could not walk in this same truth; I couldn't follow Jesus. Couldn't really should be wouldn't.

I was as diseased at the poor leper but have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ. I was deaf, totally, to any words having to do with Christ. 
I walked like Lazarus in grave cloths because I was dead in my sin but today 
am alive in Christ. I had all I needed, so I thought then...yet I was poor in spirit till the Word became real to me.

 It is a blessing that Jesus is no longer an offense to me, as He once had been.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You, O God. (Psalm 19:14)

Psalm 51:15 - O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Your praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment