Monday, May 31, 2010

Seeing Through God's Eyes

Proverbs 29:18 - Where there is no vision, the people perish...

I made a comment the other day that a friend commented on. I didn't realize it would be considered profound...well, maybe not profound... What I said was "I just cannot separate anything in life from God anymore." I just see His hand everywhere, in nature, in life circumstances, in illness, in world situations.

I got to thinking about this the other morning and the thought immediately ran through my head that this is seeing through God's eyes. And I was amazed at the immense privilege that is. What a delight and what sorrow at the same time. Think about it, He created all things and all things exist even today because of Him. We need to "see" that and grasp it with our entire being. It changes how we view a lot of things.

Where does that vision come from? It comes from the Word of God. Through His Word we find out God's character, His likes and dislikes. We learn the truth of who He is and we learn what truth is. We begin to see through His eyes, as it were. That's wisdom. And isn't wisdom and knowledge seeing? Isn't it comprehending?

I'm sure I don't see everything that way but with the way things appear these days I pray I DO see things more clearly through His eyes, even to the point of weeping like I'm sure He does.

I've heard from a few sources that we may see something happen this summer. I don't know if that means here on our land or elsewhere. I also don't know how it will come about, through natural disasters or manmade but I've heard that God's hand will be in it. We need to see--understand--that. Some speculate it might be a war involving Israel. I wonder if that should happen would the United States feel the effects, especially if we withhold our support for this extremely important nation in God's eyes?

And that's just one thing. On a more personal level we are to see all people through the eyes of God. That may be the hardest thing our human nature can do. We see what's on the outside and make snap judgments without trying to see through God's eyes. He does not see the outward appearance but the heart as 1Samuel tells us. 

Seeing through the eyes of God gives us perspective that sometimes we don't have through our normal vision. Seeing through the eyes of God helps us to see, discern, some things we don't always want to. It shows us the truth and, boy, if truth doesn't hurt sometimes. 

I'm thankful that as the days wear on truth is ever growing and I comprehend more through the eyes of God. He has created this world and everything in it. He holds the key to the riches of wisdom, strength, power, love, salvation, those things that hold no candle to the things in this world. Not everything will be seen through rose-colored glasses. There will be good and bad. Just because something does not affect our lives in our own little world, doesn't mean we should not look that direction and see, to understand. I believe one way or another it will affect us. This world is an intricate web of God's.

I'm thankful for a great many things: my health, family, education, spiritual beliefs and strengths, obviously my salvation which leads to the knowledge of these most important truths. Pontius Pilate once asked, "What is truth?" Truth stood before him and he didn't recognize Him. We can be thankful when we see Truth, recognize Him (it) and receive Him (it).

I desire to see things through God's eyes even if it brings sorrow because then I would realize God's pain over what devastation has taken place to the once beautiful works (all things) of His loving hands. We are called to share in His sufferings... Through His eyes you will see what truth is. There are many scriptures about being blind and Jesus healing blind people. When we are "right with God" we lose our spiritual blindness too. "I once was blind but now I see." We then gradually begin to see through the eyes of God...both the rejoice and to mourn.



This world is changing very quickly. If we don't understand what is happening and can't see it throughGod's eyes, we WILL perish. But seeing through God's eyes gives us hope for our future. We can see the beginning from the end, maybe not quite to His depth and undoubtedly not exactly how He sees it, but we will have a sense where we are headed. These are exciting times even though trouble could be ahead of us.


Matthew 13:16-7 - But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it...

No comments:

Post a Comment