Wednesday, May 26, 2010

God is Faithful

1Corinthians 10:13 - God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you the way out so you will not give in to it.

I'm convinced that we go through cycles where we seem to flounder even in our walk with God. We might not know the next step to take. We walk aimlessly as though all direction has been lost. Where's that spiritual GPS we had the day before? How did it get turned off? Or we think we've misplaced it entirely. 


Sometimes I believe we can get too caught up in something and it becomes a work. There are times when we just need to step back and review what we've done. Or sit quietly and let a refreshing take place that will help us connect again with our spiritual GPS.

I'm feeling a little like that for some reason. Do I sit and listen or do I try to make something happen? Oh, that feeling that I must be doing or I'm not effective or I'm out of God's will. To be honest with you, I don't like this feeling...at all.

But then Jesus did so much. He was constantly about His Father's business. Maybe that's the secret...His Father's business. His distractions were not quite like ours. Boy, we have become a world of distractions. How do we turn them off?

We are told not to let the things of this world infiltrate our lives but stay tuned into God. He is the one who holds all the keys to all we need. Where's the discipline? How much do we need to have? I know I should know the answers but sometimes I get into a funk for some reason. I don't track the same way and that frustrates me. Am I out of God's will or am I resting in it?

Today I call out for clarification. Today I call out for His voice. I have been "laid up" for three weeks with a badly sprained ankle and received another doctor's report....three more weeks in the clunky old boot. I can get around but it's just not the same as having full freedom. So, I've been feeling sorry for myself. And that's not right. I should be looking at the bright side and wondering what God is up to? What do I need to learn through this?

One of our pastors humorously asked the other day, "How can we pray for a healing for you if you don't do what the doctor says?!?" After another twelve hours of struggling with rebellion about this, I have succumbed to three more weeks in the boot! I have no doubt that was a light reprimand from the Great Physician Himself! And I'm smiling. I'm rejoicing. He likes to see His kids in that type of humor!

I have no need to be sullen about all this when there are so many others dealing with other issues. This is nothing compared to other things. Shake that off and start talking to the Lord! God is faithful. He's always got something up His sleeve. There's a purpose in all things. And we are called to just trust in God for everything. So, it's time for me to heed those words.

I'm thankful that He will let you get to a point where you finally start seeking His wisdom and will...again. I'm thankful that although we are tempted (to feel sorry for ourselves when we really shouldn't) He will draw us out of that place. His Spirit speaks our ours. When we acknowledge we've heard, He is always quick to respond. Your spiritual GPS will be back to normal. 

Ephesians 5:17-20 - Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is...be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...

1 comment: