Friday, December 11, 2009

Selah !

1John 5:11 - And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 

To go right along with Wednesday's blog...my testimony is that God has given me eternal life, through Jesus Christ. There's no getting around that. And that can be the testimony of anyone if they so desire. 

These blogs were started about a year ago for just this reason...to declare the power Jesus Christ can have in a person's life. We are now born again spiritually and taken out of the darkness of this world and into the heavenly light of Christ. Do you know that we are in darkness before Jesus and when the Son (sun) comes into our lives, we are no longer blind? I really wonder if there's a reason for the Son/sun/light of the world connection??? With God I don't believe there are coincidences.

We need the Son/sun to have life. We need the Son/sun to help us to see accurately. We grow in the Son/sun. Just like we'd have a deficiency of Vitamin D without the sun, we have a deficiency in our lives without the Son.

This is my testimony. I have eternal life in Jesus Christ. I can know this for a fact because the Son/sun shone in my darkness and helped take me out of my blindness. Who can see in the dark without a light/Light? There are no coincidences in these words. There just aren't.

And it's as simple as that. It's a simple matter...receive the Light and receive your sight! Without the Light you have no life. Life is abundant and full of joy "in the light of His glory and grace" (Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus). 

I'm not saying any more.  I'm going to let you think on this. Occasionally seen at the end of some of the Psalms is the world "Selah." It is a Hebrew word which means "let those with eyes see and with ears hear." So "Selah."

1John5:12-13 - He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment