Thursday, June 4, 2015

Repent and Praise

Psalm 5:1-2 - Give ear to my words, O LORD, Consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, for to You I will pray.

As I was praying this morning I thought about two important things we are to do...praise and repent.

I praise God He hears when we repent. He is not a God who cannot hear. Jesus is not a wooden or gold idol or representation of Himself. He is alive and with us, if we choose to know Him. He hears the repentant heart of believers and the repentant hearts of those who finally come to a place of needing Him for the first time. And He is a God who forgives, in an instant, those who ask for forgiveness the first time or many times throughout the day. 

My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up. (‭Psalms‬ 5‬:‭3‬)

Thank You, Lord, we can come daily to the throne of grace. For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, nor shall evil dwell with You. (‭Psalms‬ ‭5‬:‭4‬) It was mentioned last night, but certainly not for the first time, we are to come boldly to His throne to seek Him no matter what condition our hearts are in. He longs to hear us. He has to be an extremely patient God... But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth. (‭Psalm‬ ‭86‬:‭15)

But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy; in fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple. (‭Psalm‬ ‭5‬:‭7‬)

When we repent we can know He forgives...and forgives...and forgives. Isn't that something to praise Him for? He hears the prayers of His people. But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You. (‭Psalm 5‬:‭11‬)

I will choose to rejoice in Him today for all things. I will call on the name of the Lord. I will rest in His name and know that He has my back, He is my protector. He is my God! There's a lot to be joyful about. 

Psalm 5:12 - For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment