Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

Matthew 23:9 - Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 

Happy Father's Day to all who are fathers! Jesus did not mean we should not call our fathers on earth our fathers...just not to put them above the Heavenly Father. I thank God for my church and the wisdom of the young fathers there, their devotion to God first, then the love they have for their wives and children. We prayed for them this morning and honored them. 

But all honor and power and glory are due one Father in particular. He is the Father of us all and the Father of this universe. By His Word He spoke all things into existence, including you and me. His name is the name above all names. No earthly father can compare. 

We sang this song this morning. Although I know this song well, it spoke much more deeply to my heart today. It is about a Father who created me, who will never leave me or forsake me, who knows my coming and going, knows my thoughts from afar...and loves me like no earthly father could. This is an amazing God. Do you know Him? Can you say you feel even a hint of the depth of His love for you? We will never know the absolute depth, but we can be assured when He says He loves us, He does. The immensity of all this brings tears to my eyes.

Indescribable (Chris Tomlin)

From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to it's light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God

You are amazing God

Indescribable, uncontainable,

You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
Incomparable, unchangeable

You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same
You are amazing God
You are amazing God


You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name. All of them, from beginning and till the end of time; He knows our names. 
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same. With all our faults... 
Amazing love. Indescribable. After all these words, I am reminded of what Jesus tells us:

Matthew 10:29-31 -  Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment