Monday, June 29, 2015

My Choice

John‬ ‭15‬:‭17-19 - These things I command you, that you love one another. If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

We are told that we will be blessed if we: have a poor spirit, are mournful, meek, hunger and thirst for righteousness, are merciful, pure in heart, peacemakers, persecuted for righteousness' sake. The kingdom of heaven, God's comfort, inheriting the earth, being filled with God's righteousness, receiving His mercy, seeing Him, and being called sons of God will all be ours in our steadfastness in Him. (Matthew 5:3-10)

I choose to remain steadfast in Him whatever may occur. We are not to let the cares of the world overcome us. We are to keep our focus on heavenly things and remain faithful to Jis a Word. But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. (‭I Timothy‬ ‭6‬:‭11-12)

We may be hated for our beliefs. But as He stated above, Jesus was too. It may sound arrogant to say we are not of the world. Anyone can have this, however, if they choose Jesus.

In all things we must follow the Lord. Nothing can come before Him, not family or friends. We might just lose them in our commitment to what is right. I remember when I asked God after He directed me to do something and I asked how I could leave all the friends I had made... He reminded me: ... “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.” (‭Matthew‬ ‭12‬:‭48-50‬)  My true brothers and sisters are those who also follow Him. 

This is where I stand. It could be a very difficult road. I know I'm still in need of some work, some strength and purification. But I look to the end. I find it hard to look back to what I used to believe. I stand on the Word of God and it's truth. I stand with the God of my salvation. It's all about which path to take. Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life. 

Philippians 3:13-14 - Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment