Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Testify and Glorify

John 20:26-29 - And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you." Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN AND YET HAVE BELIEVED.”

Thomas was the doubting disciple. He had been with Jesus for three years, watched Him perform miracles of all kinds, listened to His wise words, rebukes, watched this humble Man who had such authority. Yet Thomas had a hard time believing his Lord had returned. He needed proof.

Sometimes we all need to see to believe. And that's okay. Jesus didn't reprimand Thomas.

While I've seen the Lord at work in the past, especially the day I received Christ as my Lord and Savior, I saw the Lord at work this past week in some pretty incredible ways. My sister in law and I traveled together to pack up our mother in law's winter home in Puerto Rico. We knew we were in for a full week. We couldn't have imagined all we would encounter!

The Lord was with us every step of the way, probably even when we didn't realize it. He provided what and who we needed, what others needed. We saw grateful hearts, made new friends, wept tears of both amazement and joy, provided strength and wisdom. And while He was working with us and in us and in the hearts of others, I knew He was still working all around the world (even within our family and the business). He has so much to offer all people; more than we can imagine. These are the words of my pastor, Terry Fischer: "If you chase God, He will let you catch Him!" He is well worth seeking. Who wouldn't want the truest of His blessings? Who wouldn't want His presence as we seek?

This is my shortened testimony. It all happened to the glory of God. We could not glory in our own accomplishments. He made us capable of this task, through Him. He worked in and through us...probably more through my sister in law than me, but I saw and also experienced. I became a stronger person because of it, not only spiritually but physically since the things I had to do, over and above my normal routine, did not bring on any adverse affects as evidenced by an extremely clean bill of health from my chiropractor when I came home! 

I would love to go into detail, but this is enough to say. It took days to condense my thoughts, which I'm not always good at! If you want more info, I'd be glad to talk...or supply more. Just let me know.

I will end with this: What an amazing, awesome God He is. Bigger and greater than we can imagine. Praise His name! It's times like this we can grasp hold of and know He is alive and real. While we did not see Him in the flesh nor touch His scarred hands, we knew His presence. The words we spoke to ourselves frequently and to others throughout the week as we saw things unfold before our tear filled eyes were: this is no coincidenceAnd others agreed. I will praise His name now, again!

1Peter 1:8-9 - [Jesus Christ]...whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment