Thursday, March 5, 2015

Benefits of Salvation

Psalm 30:2 - O LORD my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me.

I've heard several people desire for God's physical healing in their lives. They may be troubled by chronic pain or illness. God can heal these things but everything is in His time. We are still to pray for it. However, He may choose not to. All for His good reason...

The Apostle Paul suffered some unknown affliction. He'd had visions of heaven but was not allowed to share them because they were not to be known. Yet God had allowed only him this privilege. Imagine the wonderful feeling of being given this special right. In this case God allowed an affliction to keep him humble through it all. 

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (‭2Corinthians‬ ‭12‬:‭7-10‬)

There's the reason behind whatever it was that troubled him,  that God's grace and strength is sufficient in our weakness. Praise God. While I am weak I may be strong...through Him. And that I may not boast in myself but in the Lord.

I look at this verse and think of the very first time we call out to God. We are in a place where we recognize only He can do something for us. We end up calling to Him for salvation. Only He could do this. No one else can save us; we cannot do it ourselves.

And what do we receive first and foremost? Healing of our heart and soul...ultimate healing that only comes when we call out to Jesus, recognize our sinful nature, repent of our sins. We may need help in some physical healing immediately that we may continue in our pursuit of God. It helps us recognize what only He could do. But healing the heart and soul are the most important. They are the greatest benefits of our salvation.

If we are constantly "plagued" with some affliction we are to maintain an attitude of praise to God, even boasting of this affliction. He may be doing an even greater work in us, if only keeping our eyes focused on Him. ...yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities. (‭2Corinthians‬ ‭12‬:‭5‬)

Remember, Jesus bore all our diseases and iniquities on the cross. We are to be thankful He has the power over those people or diseases that can take our physical bodies but not our spiritual if we are in ChristLook at what He will do if you ask Him to become your Savior:

Psalm 103:2-4 - Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies...

No comments:

Post a Comment