Thursday, March 12, 2015

Only One Gospel


Galatians 1:6-10 - I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ. 

Jesus only preached the truth and as I've said many times it was not always an easy word. Many turned from this Man who could do miracles. Once the miracles were accomplished and His difficult words spoken, some no longer wanted to listen. They only wanted the physical things, not the spiritual.

Jesus offered eternal life; they wanted what they could see now. They listened to the Pharisees who grumbled, complained and went against He who stood for truth and righteousness.

If we are to emulate Jesus we must also speak the truth, as hard as it is. Jesus did not come to sugar coat His Gospel. He came to show us right from wrong, heaven from hell, obedience over sacrifice. He wanted relationship over religion. He came to show how the laws they tried to live by (religion) would never earn their way to heaven, but turning to Him and believing in Him (relationship) would.

Do I seek to please man or God? I know there are times I fail but I want only to please God. I want to serve Him, not man. Does what I do please Him or man? It can please man if it comes from the heart of God.

We must be discerning in who or what we listen to. The History Channel, Discovery Channel or Hollywood movies are not always the place to understand God. The Bible is. If what anyone says does not line up with what the Word says, it's suspect.

1Timothy 6:3-5 - If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment