Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The World Has Not Known You


John 17:24-26 

Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.


Jesus finished His prayer to His Father for His disciples and for the world. He desires...that we see His glory.

I say it over and over. It's all about Jesus. It's all about God, the Father. Jesus shows it's all about His Father: they, whom You gave Me; My glory which You gave Me; the love You have for Me...the love which I have shown them...it is Your love.

An email discussion I had with a woman recently showed me something. She wanted my opinion on an email she wanted to send out. She asked if she should drop it or send it. Clearly she was angry about a situation. I know that anger...I've had it myself. It comes from being hurt by someone. Thankfully that doesn't happen often, rarely, these days. But how we want to cling to unforgiveness sometimes. (I suggested she drop it! She did.)

Our pride can get hurt. Pride is the root, I believe, of all sin. If we know the Lord, it is our responsibility to love as Jesus loved. Wives are called to submit to their husbands, as to the Lord. Husbands are called to love their wives as Christ loved the church. (Ephesians 5)  We are to love our neighbor and our enemy. We do it without expecting anything in return. Jesus loved His Father no matter what...even knowing what death He would face. He loved His disciples, followers and the sinners. We can only love unconditionally through Christ. Yeah, it's still a struggle sometimes because we have this tarnished, blackened heart.

Why is there so much hatred in this world? Why is there even so much disunity politically? Because the love of Christ is not there. It's all about Jesus! If we all agreed with the Word of God, believed what it says, lived it out, this would be a better world. But it starts with knowing Jesus. A better world is a utopian idea. Utopia will only come to those in Christ after He returns to reign on earth with believers, His people...and then in heaven where all injustice will be gone: He will swallow up death forever. And the LORD GOD will wipe away tears from all faces; the rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. (Isaiah 25:8, Revelation 21:4) A promise from both Old and New Testaments.

Jesus' mission was to reveal Himself to us. He started with twelve average men and some countless others along the way. Eleven of those men and a few more revealed to others, who revealed to others, who revealed to others...who eventually revealed to me...and I hope I to you.

Are we made perfect on this earth? No. We still struggle with sin. But we are covered by the blood of Jesus and His love sustains us, if we submit to Him. As He does, so we are to do. A lesson to be learned!

But the world in general does not know Him. They do not know His peace. They do not know His love, nor His wisdom and power, nor they way He works. They will live in discord until they do. They will have burdens they cannot release without Him. There will be disunity. Jesus says: Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am... I pray that anyone who needs to be counted as a part of they whom You gave Me would submit to God. Submit to receive His love, see His glory in their lives and then turn around and do the same for others. 

John 14:27 - peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to You. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment