Friday, October 10, 2014

Early in the Morning

Psalm 63:1 - O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. 

I've been drinking a lot more water these days. And that means getting up several times in the night! The other night I watched the full moon for signs of the total eclipse. I didn't know what time it would be. By 5:11 I saw it in its process. It was then I decided I was up for the day.

I marveled as I kept checking the windows at how the eclipse was playing slowly out. To think that the earth, sun and moon had to be in perfect alignment, as if I'd never given it a thought before, gave me pause yet again to think on God's marvelous creation. Nothing is by chance but by His order. He set the stars in the skies, knows each by name and He holds them there till it's time for them to fall.

It caused me to praise Him early. It caused me to worship Him for all that He is. Our pastor sent out a devotion earlier this week that spoke of God speaking to us early in the morning. I thought of Eli whom God was calling for in the middle of the night. I believe He quietly spoke as I contemplated the eclipse...and then some. And it seemed like the middle of the night!

The day before I received Christ I was told by my sister-in-law that she heard God speak. It instantly brought tears to my eyes and I emphatically said, I want that! These were words coming from someone who was pushing as hard as she could against giving herself to a Man who I was certain I already knew...in my head, but not my heart. Oh, gotta love the power of God! NO ONE IS IMMUNE. He can break through the toughest hearts. Beware! Or Be aware.

There is something so wonderful about starting the day with Him. Days go more smoothly. They can be more peaceful...and purposeful. His Word is alive. And He lives in Me. He can live in anyone who calls on His name for the salvation of their soul. And don't think that ain't necessary, this salvation of the soul. He will speak to anyone who wants this.

Funny...I read this final scripture and shared it (the entire chapter, actually) with a woman I had and email discourse with yesterday. God is speaking. I have a sign in our dining room: God still speaks to those who take the time to listen. Take the time...

Isaiah 26:9 - With my soul I have desired You in the night, yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early...

No comments:

Post a Comment