Saturday, March 2, 2013

Psalm 16

Psalm 16 - Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust.
O my soul, you have said to the Lord, 
“You are my Lord,
 my goodness is nothing apart from You.”
As for the saints who are on the earth,
 “they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.”
Their sorrows shall be multiplied who hasten after another god;
 their drink offerings of blood I will not offer,
 nor take up their names on my lips.
O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
 You maintain my lot.
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
 yes, I have a good inheritance.
I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel;
 my heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me; 
because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
 my flesh also will rest in hope.
For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
 nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
You will show me the path of life;
 in Your presence is fullness of joy;
 at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

This is what those who are in unbelief are missing.

I put my trust in God alone. Man or government cannot provide the true hope, protection, provision. Only God can.

Man or government cannot provide the excellent goodness that God can when we allow our hearts, minds and souls to submit to Jesus Christ as THE Lord.

Yes, I am, through and in Christ, counted as one of the excellent ones. Excellence isn't your job, your money, your status, your stuff. It is Jesus Christ. It IS comforting to be counted as among the excellent ones.

As my hope and happiness in Christ continues to grow, for those who know not this Man of salvation, their sorrows will be multiplied...if we begin to see the unrest in the world continue. Their plans, schemes, desires and attempts at good works without Christ will be nothing.

Jesus is my lot, my portion, my inheritance...my hope. In Him I will prevail. Let my cup runneth over.

It is He I will bless for the wisdom He gives, my discernment.

Because I seek Him He stands beside me always. I may not always sense it but I can have confidence and rejoice just the same. I will have rest for my soul.

The path of life is the straight and narrow road He offers, the road less traveled. It is a life of real joy and those treasures only He provides...pleasures forevermore.

I will praise my God in all things. I will trust in Him and stand by Him. He is the Rock of my salvation, the Tower I run into for safety, the Hope for life eternal, my Strength in difficult times. Jesus is my all in all. Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End, First and Last. I'm glad I know Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment