Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Restorer of the Breach

Psalm 71:20-21 - Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

Well, here it is, another year later. Another spiritual birthday under my belt. April 18, 1999...12 years. This is a cause for true celebration. Real life birthdays come and go and one day will end on this earth, but a spiritual birthday, one where you are born again of the Spirit, will live on for eternity. Jesus has given me new life and continually restores it as the years go on.

Just when you you think you've gained a foothold in a life in Christ, which I know I have, a circumstance pokes it's ugly head, as I mentioned yesterday. Ach, the things we forget! The things of which I need to be constantly reminded...by Him. How He restores.

Coming through another troubling time, as if the words "time heals all wounds" is true, for me it's not just the time...it's the words of the Lord that are the healing balm of Gilead. The truth is, when we do seek the Lord and listen for His voice, He steps in to be that ever near and promised Comforter.

Jesus Christ, Lord of all, Savior, Comforter, Friend...One who sticks closer than a brother (or friend, or family, or anyone). One who will never leave us nor forsake us. The perfect Lamb of God, the darling of Heaven who was crucified for the sins of the world (most precious being the definition of darling as was pointed out during worship Sunday). Only He is worthy of all our glory, honor and praise.

How thankful I am for His love for me, His joy over me, His peace that He has given me, His patience with me, His kindness toward me, His goodness and gentleness for me. Now allow me the self-control which escapes every so often! He crucified His flesh for all, and for me. It is our turn to crucify ourselves in a similar manner, to give ourselves and all we are over to Him. 

Jesus, the lover of my soul; I am my Beloved's and He is mine. He is the sweet rose of Sharon. I am His bride and He is my Groom. He is the soon coming King, everlasting Father, Prince of peace, mighty God. And He is a God of restoration. Despite any time we might lose in the midst of our trials, He has said He will restore the time the locust has stolen.

As we have lived, or are living, without Christ, when we give ourselves to Him He restores those lost and dreadful days. All the years spent without Him are as far past as our sins. They are only memories. He closes that door and has opened a new one for us. A new life, yet not completely free from pain. But pain which is now minor compared to what we lived before. Pain dies more quickly now. He is our Healer, the Restorer of the breach. He is in the job of mending.

In our times of need, if we rejoice in who He is, He brings peace, understanding, wisdom and healing. He cannot fail us, but we can certainly fail Him if we do not acknowledge and turn to Him.

Psalm 37:4-6 - Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.

No comments:

Post a Comment