Friday, April 29, 2011

The Armor of God

Ephesians 6:12 - For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

God has given us the best protection against the things in this world. They may sound like worldly materials but I guarantee this protection is purely spiritual. These weapons, this armor, are much more powerful than any that we could physically put on our bodies in time of war. This armor and weaponry, because it is spiritual in nature, and because it comes from the hand of God, protects like none other.

Thank You Lord that just one part of what You give to us as Your children is access to Your armor. We can lay claim to the power that it has over us.

I thank You for the helmet of salvation. Thank You for calling my name and knowing that I would hear Your voice, that I would not only hear but would respond and also receive You as my Lord and Savior. Your gift of salvation is my helmet. I wear it proudly and securely.

Thank You for the breastplate of righteousness. This righteousness is an automatic gift given upon salvation. I thank You that when we are in battle with the enemy or even when we "mess up" this breastplate protects us. You see us only in righteousness because Your blood has covered us and only through that blood will the Father see us. You call us holy and righteous. What an honor that is. What a humbling thought.

Thank You for the shoes You have placed upon our feet. Shoes that carry the gospel of peace. The same peace that You have offered to us is offered to all who will receive You. Peace You leave with me and Your peace You give to me but not as the world gives. These shoes will never wear out because You will never leave us nor forsake us. This peace, these shoes, like the clothing that never wore out for the people of Israel wandering in the desert 40 years, will never wear out because by Your supernatural hand You keep our armor intact. Thank You our peace is maintained and to be taken into this world by our own feet in peace. 

You have girded our waists with the the belt of truth. This is the only truth that stands strong in this world because it is the truth of who You are and what You have spoken to us. You are the same today as You were yesterday and exactly Who You claim You will be tomorrow. We praise You for Your unchangeable nature. Your truth will stand the test of time (always) and one day the whole world will see You and Your truth and either rejoice or regret. I pray that the eyes and ears of many will not turn away from Your offering of salvation, that they may be counted with those who will rejoice.

Thank You for giving us protection through Your shield of faith. This faith in You is stronger than any fiery dart of the enemy. It is by wielding this shield in the face of the enemy that we are protected. His weapons hold no strength when we show who it is that is our strength in times of weakness. My shield is held high. My faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ and no one else.

Along with that shield of faith you have provided for us a very powerful sword. The sword of the Spirit, which is Your Word, the Word of God. You are our Word. Thank You that all it takes is to speak the truth of Your Word in those difficult times of our lives...and in the lives of others...and our spirits meld with Yours and we are protected by You, the living Word, the living God. At the name of Jesus, the Word, the enemy must flee! Your Word stands the test of time, therefore You stand the test of time. Both my hands wield that outstanding power.

You have armed us, O God, with weapons much more powerful than man's. In You we live and move and have our being. We are Your offspring and You are our protection. You hide us under the shadow of Your wings. You are our sun and our shield and you protect us by night and by day. The shadow of Your hand protects me. I dwell in Your protective shelter and rest in Your shadow. You are my refuge and fortress, my dwelling place. Your right hand will save me. Your are my strong tower. You put me in the cleft of a rock. You hide me in secret places. If I call on the name of the Lord, I will be saved. Though the world around us might crumble we can stand steadfast in Your promises that even in death we have life through You, Jesus.

Ephesians 6:10-11 - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment