Friday, February 25, 2011

Thank You, Lord

Revelation 1:8 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Lord God, thank you for this day. This is the day You have made! Thank You for the sunshine and thank You even for the aches and pains which prove I am alive! Thank You for the new songs You give to Your people and the one You gave me last night. Thank You, Lord!

I am reminded that You are the giver of life and You are the taker of life (Job 1:21). In between life and death, you are the upholder of life (Psalm 54:4). From beginning to end You provide for Your people. 

You came to earth as Emmanuel, that You might be with us. In Spirit You reside with us. You have given us Your Spirit that we might know You are with us. Thank You for Your Spirit. You have given us discernment for these days we see approaching. Day after day we see one more thing that immediately reminds us of You and Your plans that are unfolding before us. Thank You for discernment. These plans are both dreadful and wonderful. Dreadful because of the people who will never know You and what they experience now amid the death and destruction will be eternal and even worse for them without You.

Wonderful for those who are in Christ and await Your return. Wonderful because with the wars and rumors of war, we know You are planning Your return. Wonderful in that we know where our security is and where our eternal life will be spent. Death may take us out, but only out of this world...and into Your welcoming arms. Thank You, Lord. We remain steadfast in our trust that You will provide here on earth, just like You will be greeting us someday in Heaven. What we see happening today only shows us how much closer we are to seeing Your return. Come, Lord Jesus, come.

Strengthen Your people and continue to provide in time of trouble. We know that it is under Your wings we can be sheltered. It is Your tower that we find refuge. At the name of Jesus the devil must flee. At the name of Jesus You are there as our protection. We thank You Lord.

I so thank You that in the midst of difficult days I am covered in peace. That peace that passes all understanding. How can You do that? I'm totally amazed. I trust in You that You will uphold me. I trust that Your hand will reach out to grab me out of the hands of my enemies. You are our Redeemer. You are whatever we need You to be. 

I thank You, Lord, that You are Truth. When we know Truth we are in the right hands. You shelter us from the storms of life. You strengthen us. You give us wisdom and knowledge. You give us, above all, discernment. So thankful for that discernment.

All You have done for us, Lord. It's incomprehensible. And all You desire is that we receive You and trust what You have already done for us. Beginning and the end. Of all things. Creator, Savior. Giver of life, taker of life. Alpha and Omega. All things. What new words can be spoken to give thanks other than thank You Lord. It doesn't seem like enough. 

Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD; it shall rejoice in His salvation…I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. (Psalm 107:1, 63:4, 35:9, 13:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment