Friday, February 11, 2011

Love of God

He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?...to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul... (Micah 6:8, Deuteronomy 10:12)

Oh, I love Micah 6:8! As I typed this scripture, I could hear the voice of my pastor back in 1999! That was the day God spoke life I to me. The day God became very real to me. The first day of the rest of my life.

I mentioned yesterday how our God is our Creator. The wondrous works of His hands...or just His voice...is totally beyond comprehension. All He requires is for us to acknowledge Him in our lives. There are some who find that so difficult to do.

Oh, how science has dismissed Him. How scientists cannot believe in anything but facts and figures. What a boring life they must live...unless or until they have come to the amazing realization that there is a God out there somewhere...or as close as the chair next to you.

A friend sent this remarkable YouTube video. It's just one more example of this amazing Creator God. It shows, at least to me, how detailed He is. It proves to me how intricate He is in all His creation. If scientists can't see this is all part of His incredible nature, I don't know what will. Please take the time to watch this 3 minute video right now.

This also tells me that if all His creation and all the things His hands or mind have touched, then how much more does He love us? With that, how much should we return that love? How can we deny receiving Him and all that He has for us?

He loves us all so much that He gave the most important thing in His life so that we might have life too. It doesn't get much better than that.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment