Thursday, June 17, 2010

God's World

Joshua 10:13 - So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the people had revenge upon their enemies... So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.

God is the Creator of the world. Plain and simple. He is the Source of all life. Plain and simple. He is the one who holds the stars in the sky and knows each of them by name. Plain and simple. There are more stars and planets out there, and galaxies, than we can count, than we have even discovered...and God knows the names of them all. So, wouldn't one want to trust that He is the Center of everything? He is the ultimate wisdom and knowledge.

How can we think we are the center of our own little worlds? That does not show God as Center of our lives. When God stops our life dead in it's tracks and we are faced with a dilemma, which way will we turn? Will we seek Him in that time of need or will we be faced with the frustration, maybe angst, that NOW things are going to be different?

What will happen when that illness strikes or that disability comes that causes the things that we hold so dear to us to be unattainable either for a long while or permanently? Where will we turn when disaster strikes our family, our state, our nation, our world? What direction will we take then? Will we turn to God?
 
Sometimes I think our little frustrations or big disasters occur when He really desires to make Himself known to us, to commune with us. He will cause something that we've taken for granted to be pulled out from under. He has got to get our attention somehow...He will humble the proud and arrogant, bring those who consider themselves above all others down to the lesser level to show they are no better, no greater, really, in this world. He WILL humble us. It is, after all, His world.

Everything  we see happening in this world is part of His great plan. Not all is good, but out of disaster comes good. I've been struggling with something. I know others are also struggling...and not able to pinpoint what it is. I feel like the other shoe is going to drop... I'm feeling distant from so much. I can only handle what's before me now and not able to think or comprehend tomorrow. But then, isn't that what God wants? Don't worry about tomorrow...today has enough of it's own troubles.

This struggle is not about me but about what God wants to do in me. It's about His power to bring change, transformation. What will it take? What will it produce? Only He knows. As much as I want to know what this is all about and want to know when it will be over, I must realize that the Lord knows and He's in control of the when and how.

We are told in the scripture above that He was able to stop the sun in it's tracks to bring about His will. Don't think He won't do that in our lives. He is able to bring the sun up and set it again each day. That's power. That's His power. Stop us dead in our tracks then raise us up.

There's something brewing. Perhaps it's just in my own life, perhaps it's in the world. If we are in the last days, there has got to be a great move of God and I want to be part of this. I must be stretched beyond my own little world. We learned last night in our Wednesday night study that we must take the focus off ourselves and focus on everyone else.  I certainly don't believe the world revolves around me but I do believe I need to step out of my comfort zone. 

I mentioned one time about seeing God in everything. That's the way it should be for everyone. Of course, that's a perfect world. Lord, help us. Everything is about Him and our being centered in God. We might even see Him in the midst of the struggle Israel is facing or the gulf oil spill, our government, struggles within our churches.  Something is brewing; I'm certain of it.

Genesis 1:1 tells us 
"In the beginning, God..." and in the last book of Revelation, Revelation 22:13 God Himself tells us "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." I read somewhere that if God is the beginning and the end of this world, this life, our lives, shouldn't He be everything in between too? Not about us, about Him.

What does it take for us to understand this? What does it take for to get us out of the picture? I don't see the letters "me" in God's name. They don't show in Yahveh, Jehovah, Lord or Jesus either. So when will we understand without a doubt that it's not about "me" and it's not about what is so important to "me?" Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Proverbs 19:21, Psalm 37:4) Doesn't this just fit right in with giving to receive (Greatness, June 15, 2010)? 

This so ties in with my question: "What Do I Do?" Seek God first, trust in Him and the rest will fall into place. Praise Him!

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment