Friday, February 19, 2010

Thank You

Genesis 17:8 - Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Heavenly Father, I thank You for who You are. I thank You that You are our Creator, that You know everything about us, that You knit us together in our mothers' wombs and You care about every little part of us and every bit of our day to day lives. You even keep track of every hair on our head. Every tear we shed You hold in Your hand. You know our hearts. And it is You who leads us to the wonderful knowledge of who You are and teaches us these very things through the wisdom of Your Word.

When I think about my days before You I cared very little about You. I knew who You were, I believed in You and I knew who Jesus was. And that was good enough for me. I believed You were such a good God that You would allow everyone into heaven. I knew so little about You then and I am so thankful that You cared enough about me to woo me and call my name that I might find out what a relationship with You really is. I'm so thankful that You have opened my eyes, my heart and my mind to the wisdom in Your Word. I'm thankful that through this wisdom I am daily finding out more and more about You.

I thank You for the friends I have cultivated because of the unity we have in You. We are Your children, Your priceless treasures, heirs with Jesus on the Throne, and you have made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve You. What an honor that is. This is just too incomprehensible at times. I thank You this is for anyone who chooses to hear Your voice and answer the call to become children of the Most High God. And it's no more than that, answering the call. It's by Your grace and nothing more. Not working to win Your love or Your appreciation, but asking to become in Christ through our turning from our worldly ways and having faith in You. 

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God...That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved...for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."  - Ephesians 2:8, Romans 10:9, 13


You consider us part of Abraham's seed, those to whom You vowed a promised land--eternal life in heaven. This world we live in is no more than a stepping stone to what lies ahead. We are no more than strangers mentioned above on this earth. 

I'm so thankful it doesn't take more than a heart-filled acknowledgement that You are our Savior, our Redeemer, our soon-coming King. It is in You that we live and move and have our being. There is nothing we can do on our own. It's all through the mighty power You have and the urging You do in our lives to draw us closer to You so we might hear Your voice for ourselves and act accordingly.

I thank You that Your Word is Your love letter to us. Page by page You share who You are with us and show us Your wisdom, Your miracles, Your grace, Your deliverance, Your love, Your redeeming powers. I can't imagine not wanting to turn the next page to find out the next great promise You have for me.

I love how You weave an intricate web of detail into Your character. Sometimes it's so deep it's a revelation that I even understand the gist of it...and I'm sure I'm still only understanding just the surface of who You are and what You have to say. I thank You I never grow weary of thinking of You. And the thought that You care about the smallest of details...simply amazing. 

These few words probably don't even express what's truly in my heart. It's hard to put feelings into the exact words. But You know, Lord. You know. 

As I begin my day, I pray that You will touch the hearts of others who don't understand. I ask that You soften calloused hearts, fearful hearts, skeptical hearts, proud hearts, angry hearts, evil hearts. I ask that You reveal Yourself to the world in a powerful way. I'm so thankful that despite those who would try to diminish who You are, You will remain victorious. Your plan in this world will come to fruition even if You need to bring tragedy first. How else will others believe? How else will they see that it is through Your strong hand that you will deliver those who choose to submit and follow? 

We are a disobedient lot of people. We are stubborn, proud, vain and foolish, to name a few things. You can cause anyone to submit. But at the same time, You will not force anyone to follow You. I sometimes don't know how to pray for them. I may not always have the full amount of love that You do. A fault of mine, I'm sure. But nothing You can't fix! 

Lord, help me see Your hand in my life more clearly. Direct my steps, light my path, clear the way and open the doors of opportunity; interrupt my day. Remove anything that gets in Your way for my life.

This is just a small part of what is in my heart. Let these few words be my worship for You this day. In Jesus' name I pray....Amen.

Galatians 3:27-29 - For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment