Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Eat Them Words!

Jeremiah‬ ‭1:6-9‬ ‭- Then said I: “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” But the LORD said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speakDo not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD. Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.”

We are not fully equipped in our own strength or abilities to share Christ but through the power of the Holy Spirit. We are equipped by knowing God’s Word, by ingesting it so we know it. God’s Word is truth (John 17:17).

There very well could come a time when believers in the Lord Jesus Christ could be persecuted for standing firm in their belief of Him, for taking a stand on the firm foundation of the absolute truth of God’s Word, including those things the world says are offensive and which 
issues, by their standards, should be tolerated. It can be hard to stand on the truth without caving under pressure...and looking like the bad guy.

There are great promises in His Word. Promises of good--and destruction. You either believe His Word--or you don’t. No one gets to sit on the fence and believe what they want. Either/or, right/wrong,  yes/no, life/death. The one side of the issues are what believers are accused of being offensive about. But if we eat them words of truth we will gain the power to continue to speak in and stand firm on that truth. 

I think about how many people of the Bible faced prison or death for their belief in Jesus. They could have saved their lives by denouncing Him. They gained their strength by the power of God. They knew, and walked with, the Word who was made flesh! Where does each of us stand? Do we know the Word, both written and the Man? 

Like I last posted, the Word can be both sweet and bitter. (Revelation 10:8-11) Sweet to those who believe the words and bitter to those who reject it. 

Psalm‬ ‭119:103-104‬ ‭- How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.

No comments:

Post a Comment