Friday, April 28, 2017

None Besides You

1Samuel 2:1 - And Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the LORD; my horn is exalted in the LORD. I smile at my enemies, because I rejoice in Your salvation."

I love the entire prayer by this woman Hannah. She waited, she pleaded with God, she was ridiculed. She made a promise to God that if He would grant her the desire to have a son, she would "loan" him to God for His service. When God at last granted her desire for a son, she rejoiced, and rejoiced to give Him her son. 

This entire prayer by Hannah has many truths. (1Samuel‬ ‭2:1-10‬)

And Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the LORD; My horn is exalted in the LORD. I smile at my enemies, because I rejoice in Your salvation."
If we come to a point in our lives where the Lord's salvation is upon us, we will rejoice. Those who look at us and can't figure out what the whole point of this salvation is all about can become like enemies. 

"No one is holy like the LORD, for there is none besides You, nor is there any rock like our God."
He is our firm Foundation. If we stand upon Him we will not fail. He will not fail us. 

“Talk no more so very proudly; let no arrogance come from your mouth, for the LORD is the God of knowledge; and by Him actions are weighed."
If we have His knowledge, we will see the foolishness of our own frail wisdom. We will shake our own pride and arrogance. Like above, there is none besides You.

“The bows of the mighty men are broken, and those who stumbled are girded with strength.”
God alone brings down the proud and raises up the humble. Our own strength must be removed for His strength. He can only use us in our weakness.

“The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and brings up. The LORD makes poor and makes rich; He brings low and lifts up. He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the beggar from the ash heap, to set them among princes and make them inherit the throne of glory."
I think of this scripture: And he said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.” ‭‭(Job‬ ‭1:21‬)  Again, He raises up and lowers. None besides Him. 

“For the pillars of the earth are the LORD’s, and He has set the world upon them. He will guard the feet of His saints, but the wicked shall be silent in darkness."
All true. Feet set on the Rock will not perish. 

“For by strength no man shall prevail. The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken in pieces; from heaven He will thunder against them. The LORD will judge the ends of the earth."
Only by God. His will, His power, His wisdom, not ours.

“He will give strength to His king, and exalt the horn of His anointed.”
All about Him. Hallelujah.



Psalm‬ ‭71:19‬ ‭- Also Your righteousness, O God, is very high, You who have done great things; O God, who is like You?

No comments:

Post a Comment