Wednesday, April 12, 2017

He Directs Our Paths

Proverbs 3:6 - In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

Even more on God's direction. Not that I have never heard this before or known but it seems too be a recurring theme this week. Thoughts have been on what God desires, His ways, trusting Him in all things.

Unbelievers do not understand God's ways nor His direction. Nor do they acknowledge Him in their accomplishments or in the good things He has brought. It's often the thought that they have accomplished... 

I used to do a lot of bicycling about 40 years ago! It was a general pride among all of us that we were able to get from point A to point B under our own strength. Hmmm, what does Psalm 139 say: For You formed my inward parts...and are acquainted with all my ways...(verses 13 and 2)  Our God knew what we could be because He formed us. 

So today I praise Him for what He has given me, how He has grown me, how He has redeemed me in my latter days. It's not about my accomplishments, though I am ever grateful for the full and exciting life He has given me. I may not be as strong and mobile as I used to be, but I am still able to have adventures!

Believe me, life is even more of an adventure when you see things through His eyes and see what He has given all people in this life. The beauty of nature and seasons and differences in landscape. All so amazing. To think that He created it all. Just for us. Just for us to know Him. Just for us to behold the glory of He who created. 

If we can acknowledge all that and show we can believe in Him, He will direct our paths. He will take us through a life in Him and it will be glorious. 

If we would only allow Him to take our hearts of stone and allow Him to transform them into hearts of flesh, what glorious things He would show us. Life in Christ is so much more exciting than we can imagine. Especially if we allow Him to guide and direct our paths.

All it takes is acknowledging Him, receiving Him into those hearts of stone. He loves to give us His wisdom and direct our paths. Praise God for His transforming power. 

James‬ ‭1:5-6‬ ‭- If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
‭‭

No comments:

Post a Comment