Thursday, August 11, 2016

Where's Your Focus?

Proverbs‬ ‭4:25‬ ‭- Let your eyes look straight ahead, and your eyelids look right before you.
Conversed with a friend the other morning. As always, we brought God into our conversation. She admitted having had a pity party about no one calling her, except me. Not even her family calls. I said I didn't get many calls either, but isn't that okay? Yes, friends and family are important, but it is our relationship with the Lord that is most important. As the days go by, in the quietness or bustle, we can be with Him. We can converse with Him...and call on Him...or He may call on us! 


I mentioned how the thought has come to me how I desire that the things of this world truly would grow strangely dim in the light of Jesus' glory and grace (Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus). I blogged on this a few days ago. I said I was beginning to realize just how unimportant some things were getting. She has been going through that too. I'm not where I'd like to be but I think He is doing something, working things out.

The thought came to mind...and I shared with her...I love photography. I take a lot of pictures. Some day, though, they will all get thrown out or deleted because they will have absolutely no meaning to anyone else. (I'm okay with that; I have settle in my spirit they are nothing in light of what lies ahead.) 

Then another thought came to mind. The desire to be solely focused on Jesus is like finding a subject to photograph and zeroing in and focusing on just that subject while everything else is out of focus. That's the image of staying focused only on the Lord. Nothing else should matter.


Keeping our eyes upon Him blocks out all the other things. Lord, let every day be one day closer to letting go of the world's issues and priorities and bringing my focus more on You. 
For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. (‭‭1Corinthians‬ ‭13:12‬)

Those who know Christ see Him now partially through the power of His Spirit and His Word. We know much about His character. Some day we all will see Him. It will be either a great experience or not. Hebrews‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭- ...looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith...
‭‭
I see things in life through the eyes of God. I question and wonder a lot. But I know that it is what it is and that God will always be in complete control. If I am focused on Him, the One whom I trust, I will be secure. I can't imagine what it would be like not having this hope. I hold on to that hope, walk in faith, hopefully will remain steadfast to the end. 

Philippians‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭- Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment