Friday, August 5, 2016

Inscribed!

Isaiah‬ ‭49:16‬ ‭- See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me.

The first time I heard someone talk about this I was undone! I realized to what extent our God loves us. 
‭‭
If we are God's children, He says He will never leave us nor forsake us. He knows the hairs on our head. He formed us in our mothers' wombs. He is in the details of all our lives whether we know or believe it or not. Why? Because we are His creation. 
Know that the LORD, He is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. (Psalm 100:3‬)

The Good Shepherd. It takes me to the verses about His sheep and how if just one were lost, He'd leave the others behind to search for it. He searched for me until He found me. I was that lost sheep. Perhaps you are a lost sheep also that He is searching for. 

I acknowledge that He is my Creator. I thank Him for who He is. I am thankful I was able to respond to His call to come to Him when I was sorely lost. I am thankful for the life He has since given me and for His protection over me through salvation in His Son Jesus. Not even my death will result in death, but life. 

Although He watches over us, we are never promised to be without troubling incidents in life. But if we keep our eyes focused on Him, we can realize, when all is said and done, that He had us inscribed in the palms of His hands!

I try to imagine being inscribed or engraved in that palm. That means He is gripping tightly. Even more amazing, I'm not the only one He firmly holds, though it seems as though it's just me.

This is our awesome God! He can be so personal to each one of us (if we want Him to) but He cares equally for all. His love is 
unconditional. He loves us with an everlasting love even if we do not return the sentiment.  I wonder how He feels when we do not want to know that love?

Are you engraved in the palms of His hands? It's the best place to be. We can grow in faith that He will be our comforter and protector in times of trouble. His grip on us is tight. He is our shelter in the storm.

He waits for unbelievers to hear His call. He is ever present; look out the window at the expanse of the skies, the multitude of the stars, the brightness of the sun, a brilliant sunset, the power of a thunderstorm, the great number of trees, flowers and water, the seasons. He is in the brilliance of of them all. He is in the details. 

Isaiah‬ ‭49:13‬ ‭- Sing, O heavens! Be joyful, O earth! And break out in singing, O mountains! For the LORD has comforted His people, and will have mercy on His 
afflicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment