Wednesday, August 10, 2016

He Who Waits

Proverbs 18:18 - Whoever keeps the fig tree will eat it's fruit; so he who waits on his master will be honored.

It's all about the promises, promises, promises!

But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah‬ ‭40:31‬)

I and many others are awaiting the Lord! We are told that if we trust in Him and persevere through trials, trusting that abiding in Him will produce great things, we will not be disappointed in the end...whether that end is our death or His return. 

I read Psalm 62 today, too. Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved. My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. 
Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. ‭‭(Psalm ‭62:1-2,5-6,8‬) 
God is our only hope.

He promises to strengthen, deliver and redeem us...if we allow Him. If we seek Him. A friend and I were talking (again) the other day. We are so grateful to know Him and know His Word, enough anyway, and trust that He is being truthful in all He has said. 

As we wait we are to share Him. As we share Him we are doing His will...and we will be honored, as the first scripture says. An article I read suggested that we be the light in this dark 
world...and share Christ. Someone will hear and take note. If that happens and they respond favorably, God will add them to His eternal kingdom. I pray I am a light and used by the Holy Spirit. As the scripture says, For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes... (Romans‬ ‭1:16‬)

Isaiah 49:23 - ...For they shall not be ashamed who wait for Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment