Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Take Out the Kinks in Thinking!

John 1:14 - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

I've been having trouble with my neck for which I'm seeing a chiropractor and getting an occasional massage. Yesterday I had that appointment with the massage therapist. 

Let's back up a little. I was so exhausted the night before I thought for sure I'd sleep good. I did, sort of, until 3:00. By 4:30 I was making coffee. I had a full, active day and by 4:15 in the afternoon I was writing this blog. Wide awake, after my massage. 

I was energized, not exhausted. My whole attitude was different. There were so many things I wanted to accomplish. But most of all I wanted to read an article, a pamphlet on heaven (which I plan to scrutinize when I get to it) and a couple Christian newspapers.

The article I read was The Truth About Truth written by my pastor, Terry Fischer. And somewhere in the middle of it I realized how awake I was...rarin' to go. Like all the kinks were out of my thinking! 

So where did I stop? Right after Pastor Terry penned these words: ...the very thing we must understand about truth is that it is more than fact, it is a person by the name of Jesus Christ. ... If truth is rejected, Christ is rejected. If truth is exalted, Christ is exalted. Since Jesus is also the word of God (John 1:14) and the word of God is truth, you therefore cannot reject the truth of the word and still claim that you accept the Lord Jesus Christ.

This is my story and I stick with it...always. This is the very important one thing we all should learn and understand. And maybe the more I write about it, one day it might be just the words that will speak to someone. I know Jesus would want that. It's all about Him, after all.

Maybe more people need to get the kinks out of their thinking. Jesus would approve. He would love for more people to know Him and His truth. It makes a big difference in our kinky thinking! 

There's been a conglomeration of thoughts in my own head about current events and I'm so very thankful I know Jesus Christ and am in relationship with Him. I stopped reading the article and thanked Him for what I hope is a turnaround in my energy level...and hopefully, some better nights' sleeping. I do know I awoke with something bothering me. As the day wore on, I was reminded that when all else fails or disappoints, He is all that matters. (This had nothing to do with the current news.)

Anyway, what Pastor says is true, because it comes right out of the Word of God, spoken by the Word who is Jesus. If we claim to love God but deny the truth of His Word, we do, essentially, reject Jesus. 

There's another point. In order to know what the truth is, we first have to receive Christ into our lives that He might, through His Spirit, give us a more well-defined understanding of His Word. Then the Word will become truth. As Pastor also quoted, And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:32)

In this world we see a lot of things that make us uncomfortable. The news is replete with stories of violence, deceit or disgust, all evil. I can say without a doubt that it doesn't bother me like it used to (but I have to keep it in check!). I know that Jesus has told us these things, and many more, must happen...and then the end shall come. To me that is very freeing. The return of Christ. If not in my lifetime, I know that after my passing, there is freedom also. Freedom from hell.

I'm not afraid because I know the Truth who is Jesus. If He says He will return, I believe He will. I will not fear because He has said if we know Him, there is nothing to fear. His truth, His promises give me peace. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)

We can all know this truth. That's what's so amazing. Jesus loves us all. He doesn't give more to one than another. He plays no favorites. If one's heart is set on Him, His heart is set back on them. In fact, He loves us before we first love Him. Want to know absolute truth? Try Jesus. Be at peace. Know freedom. It can remove the kinks in your thinking.

Psalm 27:1 - The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?

No comments:

Post a Comment