Monday, July 4, 2016

Psalm 19:7-11 - The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them Your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward. 

I was reviewing a blog from six years ago. I came across this paragraph:

All I know, and it's something that is generally understood by those in relationship with Christ, is we have to know where and who we are, what or Who we stand for and what we as believers in Christ are called to do. We need to be ready with the words to speak when others just don't get what's going on. We need to be strong and secure in our relationship with the Lord first and then help others to see where our strength lies. We have to be willing to share what we know...be a light in the darkness of the world. Jesus was the Light that helped me to see and part of our responsibility is to shine that same light to others. 

This was six years ago. It seems to be a good starting point today! We are seeing uncomfortable and disturbing things occurring in this world. There are uprisings and a so-called need for tolerance for just about everything under the sun. We have a nightmare of a presidential election looming before us. Neither candidate, nor party, at this point, has what this country really needs. 

So...my hope is in God. He raises up and brings down kings. Jesus is the King of kings. Life without that understanding will appear to be so out of control. God…is not the author of confusion. God…brings to light the things hidden in darkness. God…is our salvation. No man or government will settle all that’s going on in this world, in our nation, without first relying on God. Sorry, it’s true! So it ain't gonna happen unless the world completely changes their thinking and I don't think that will happen either.

I stand on the Word of God. I have some understanding of what it says. I know that we are all sinners. I know that government cannot save us, money cannot save us, giving in to and tolerating everyone’s whims will not save us. There is a vast amount of bad in this world, some of which is believed to be good. It appears there is no structure anymore. 
  • Life is about self, my wants and needs. 
  • If it feels good, do it. 
  • Cheat when you have to or if you feel like it. 
  • Anything goes. 
  • The majority is always right.

Boy, what a far cry from what God says. 

I see all that’s happening in the world through what God's Word has shown us. Every time we hear of another terrorist attack I think of  Matthew 24:3 where Jesus’ disciples ask when the sign of His coming will be. His answer is it all starts with wars and rumors of wars…nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom and a beginning of sorrows. 

Aren’t we seeing people rising against people? Sorrows in the form of anger and rebellion? What for? Religious rights, power, and sorry to say, for the right of anyone to do what they desire, be who they desire or say what they desire. Truth sayers are looked down upon while the others are elevated. It’s just a matter of time when truth will come forth. And it’s all part of the very plan of God. 

I sound angry and disgusted. Partly true, but partly I'm sad that many don't know or recognize or even want to know what God's Word says. I stand firm. Some day I believe some people’s eyes will be opened. They will wonder why this is all happening. Hopefully they will know where to turn for real answers. Those answers won’t always be what they want to hear, but maybe some will come around. 

The Bible has clearly shown us what will come. It’s why it was written. If we follow this Book, know this Book and believe it, none of what’s happening should be either frightening or a surprise. Those in Christ just keep plugging along hoping changes of heart and mind will occur.

The world is very dark. But there is a very real Light, one who exposes all darkness, who is real, tells the truth, strengthens, comforts, protects. His name is Jesus Christ. It’s where I put my trust. I see the world growing darker and more corrupt in so many ways. Jesus is the only Person left I cling to for hope, truth and the realization that someday, in Him, through Him, there is a better life for me and anyone else who proclaims His name. 

Some people consider the things of this world of much higher significance than the things of God. As the Bible says, Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ. (Philippians 3:8)  I await the Lord.  I am content with the things I have but I know that much better awaits ahead. 

I’ve learned this through a relationship with Christ, through His Word, through His testimony, His commandments, statutes and laws. I know that without Him I would be nothing. I know that I am not where I should be. I also know that I trust Him. I trust Him with my life. I trust Him with my future. I trust that at the moment I need Him most, He will be there. I know that I could not fathom a life of trial without knowing Him. That day will come. His grace will be sufficient for each moment. 

Ask me and I will tell you what I know. Ask me how I found my hope. Ask me if I mean what I say. Ask me what the disciples asked Jesus about when He will return. My prayer is that the Lord would give me a voice other than a blog. I pray for the opportunities to share. 

May our hearts be much affected with the excellence of the word of God; and much affected with the evil of sin, and the danger we are in of it, and the danger we are in by it. - Matthew Henry

Psalm 18:30 - As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment