Sunday, January 31, 2016

What the Lord Has Done

Exodus 13:8 - And you shall tell your son in that day, saying, "This is done because of what the LORD did for me when I came up from Egypt."

The Jews celebrate a feast called Passover...a time when they remember how He delivered them from captivity in Egypt, which is what is alluded to in the scripture above. So my response is to remember what He has done for others, and what He has done for me, be thankful and worship Him. 

This is what the Lord has done. 

He has called me. He has opened my blind eyes and changed my heart toward Him. He has delivered me out of the hands of my enemy who is in the world (Egypt). Now...You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1John 4:4) 

He has forgiven me of all unrighteousness. He has given me His Holy Spirit and dwells within me. He is the vine and I am the branch. He was my door, is my way, my life, my truth. He is my Savior, Redeemer, Deliverer. He is my encourager, peace-giver, strength, wisdom. He is all in all.  

This is what the Lord has done! I did nothing. He caused me to hear and respond. 

While I may not have a son to tell...He commands us to tell the world what He has done. I base this on what He did for Israel:

And Moses said to the people: “Remember this day in which you went out of Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out of this place. ...
It shall be as a sign to you on your hand and as a memorial between your eyes, that the LORD’s law may be in your mouth; for with a strong hand the LORD has brought you out of Egypt.
So it shall be, when your son asks you in time to come, saying, "What is this?" that you shall say to him, "By strength of hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
It shall be as a sign on your hand and as frontlets between your eyes, for by strength of hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt.”
(Exodus 13:3,9,14,16)

And Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the 
salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever."
So the LORD saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians dead on the seashore. Thus Israel saw the great work which the LORD had done in Egypt; so the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD and His servant Moses.
‭‭(Exodus‬ ‭14:13,30-31‬)

The LORD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.
You will bring them in and plant them In the mountain of Your inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which You have made for Your own dwelling, the sanctuary, O Lord, which Your hands have established.
‭‭(Exodus‬ ‭15:2,17‬)

It is hard sometimes to recognize today the power our God has over us and our lives. I think about the political battles. I think about the fact that God once gave Israel over to the king that they so desired, not to be led by the priests who followed God and judged based on His standards. The people got what they wanted. Same goes for us. We will get what the people want...yet it will be by God's power. We may not recognize how it's done, but some day it 
will be quite evident. 

This world thrives on man's attitudes, their strengths, wisdom. Not many seek God for this. Those individuals who truly do put their hope, confidence and strength in God will endure. It's in Christ alone. That means there is a very great minority still seeking truth...and a majority that will get what they want. While sometimes it is hard to know if I fully trust in God, there is a part of me that knows He will provide when necessary...strength, wisdom, spiritual insight...strength being number one on my list! 

While this was written yesterday, we sang a couple songs in church this morning that mentioned what the Lord has done and His being all in all. Don't tell me that was a coincidence. He is very able to do this. It is what the Lord has done!

But here's what I will end with! It gives me hope and confidence in this world. In Christ Alone

Exodus 15:18 - The LORD shall reign forever and ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment