Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Hallelujah and Amen!

John 14:26‬ ‭- But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
‭‭
The other morning I had something happen that I wish would happen more often. It was incredible. I was just beginning to wake up, either on my own or because of what was transpiring. In my head or my spirit or heart, I was rattling off one scripture after another describing God and His greatness. I knew I had also been doing it in my sleep.

As I became fully awake it continued. I was able, over a couple of days, to think back on that and it dawned on me: God's Word tells us He will bring His Word to mind by the power of His Spirit, when we need it. 

I have shaken my head repeatedly over this and desiring more of it. I've had songs in my head when I awake. This was better! I know that if I should ever be in a situation where I am without a Bible, I can rely on His Spirit to bring into remembrance His truths and promises. 

In our study in Revelation there is a section that says the Apostle John, seeing events that were to take place, was asked to take a small scroll. Then he was told to eat it but advised that while it would taste sweet like honey it would turn bitter to the stomach. The explanation to this is: Only as we take God's Word into our own lives can we speak even hard words of truth in love. ... But people would not obey or listen, so the scroll was a message of judgment. It tasted sweet, but because people were not willing to listen, it left the prophet [Ezekiel] "in bitterness...and deeply distressed." (Ezekiel 3:1-15) (BSF, Lesson 15, Revelation)

I bring this up because of the sweetness of waking up with His Word in my spirit. I can't tell you... Yes, it is sweet. But there can be some hard truths to it also, especially for those who choose not to know this very word of God.

What happened is God's incredible power at work. It will happen in those who believe and seek more of Him. 

In the Old Testament the people were instructed to know and keep His Word ever before and within them. Moses instructed the people after receiving and sharing the Ten Commandments: 
Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.(Deuteronomy‬ ‭11:18-19‬)

The more we spend in His Word, the more it will be ingrained in our spirits...for times when we need them. They are good, true and just, as is He.

Psalms‬ ‭34:8‬ ‭- Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment