Tuesday, April 14, 2015

REPENT!

Mark 1:14-15 -  Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.” 

Oh, how the word repent can throw up walls in people's hearts. The idea that God can tell me what is right or wrong! The audacity that I be told how I am to live my life. The nerve that I am told I'm never going to be good enough on my own to go to heaven...and that there really is a heaven...and hell...and that my eternal life will be in one place or the other. 

Repent! Oh, the tightening of the shoulders, the stiffening of the back, the rising of the blood pressure and attitude, the unspoken, or maybe spoken, "no one can tell me what to do" words of defiance against the living God. 

Here was Jesus preaching this 2,000 years ago. Look at how much time He has given us to do this. While we do not know the day or hour He will return, He is still calling us to repent. Signs in the world today certainly show His time is much nearer. And even if He doesn't return in our lifetime, our eternal life at our death is still an issue that repentance can take care of! We just do not know when our last day will be. We must be prepared.

Repent! That means I have to admit I'm wrong. It means changing my attitude, my beliefs, even my church. Well, that's what God requires. To think otherwise is going against God. You are not His friend. He is not your God, nor Lord, nor Savior if you do not repent. Oh......

Every once in awhile a really good article will pass by me. I rarely just post someone else's article. But the one I have linked here is honest and to the point. It will prick consciences. It might change someone, make another to think, even draw another back to the Lord. Maybe it will change the position of some churches. For sure it will go against the grain for some people and some churches. 

So I will leave you to read this intensive article. I would click on links within it also. It's an article about the reality of hell...a subject not spoken of too much in the Church for all the controversy, for the political correctness concerning sin, for the idea that a soft gospel will draw people just as well as those difficult words Jesus spoke and that soft gospel will not offend and keep people in the churches. Some will die in those churches for lack of knowledge. (Hosea 4:6)

I'm not trying to portray God as a tyrant. He truly is a loving God. But He has His standards. He always has. That's why He's God. He never changes...especially not for us or our society's thinking. We conform to Him. And when we do He does what any loving Father would do...provide for any occasion, protect for any trial, love unconditionally. But we must repent to receive! Then, love God first, obey Him, love others...including enough to tell them the truth about God, His Son Jesus and the truth of His Word which includes all about sin and eternal life or eternal death. 

We are living in some unusual times. If we know anything about the Bible we might recognize some of the signs...days of Noah, end times, last days, return of Christ, a remnant people and churches. (You can Google any of those phrases and get more info.) Please read the article. For once it is not from me!!





No comments:

Post a Comment