Monday, November 17, 2014

Valuable

Matthew 10:29-31 - Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Powerful so powerful
Your glory fills the skies
Your mighty works displayed for all to see
The beauty of your majesty
Awakes my heart to see
How marvelous how wonderful you are.

We sang the song Beautiful One yesterday at church. I periodically dwell on the thought that God has created all things. Maybe I'm simplistic in my views of Him. And certainly this is not the first time, nor the last, that I bring this up. These words, though, spoke to my heart as I sang them. They pierced my soul. They go along with the verses above. There was an instant connection. The Lord was speaking to me at that very moment. He was showing me something, again nothing new. It's for all of us.

If we can grasp that all we see around us was created by our Father in heaven, we need to take it a step further. He he has created all these things to bring glory to Himself. He has every right to that glory because, despite some claims the earth was created in one fell swoop by some big bang theory, in actuality He has created all things. He brings glory to Himself because He wants us to see Him for all He is. He wants us to recognize what He has done for us and more importantly what He can do for those desire to be called His children. If we can grasp His glory, we might be willing to take it a step further and receive Him to ourselves for our salvation.

If we can grasp all we see around us why not take it one step further and allow ourselves to see what He can do in us. First of all, He has created each and every one of us. Everything He creates is important. Everything. We were formed in our mothers' wombs...by Him, before He even created all the earth. It is by His miracle of conception, growth, birth, life. (And I will add that it grieves Him to have such life taken from the womb.)

If we can grasp all we see around us, the beauty of it, the magnificence of it, the awesomeness of its conception, growth, birth, life...and death to bring about the cycle of life again and again...we need to see what an amazing creation each of us is.

This is what He showed me, spoke to my spirit: If you can imagine how majestic My creation is, imagine, just imagine, how great you are to Me. You and I have been created by this God. And while last on the list of all His creation, we are the greatest of all. He gave us life, a body, mind and soul, that we might recognize His creation and most importantly, that we might...and might is the key word here...recognize Him for all He is and all He has done and give honor and glory to His name. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” (‭Genesis‬ ‭1‬:‭28‬)

Oh, the importance of us all. Each one of us His creation...for His glory also. He so wanted me this day to recognize yet again my importance. And I'm not saying this is just for me. We all need to know we are more important than all the things we see around us, things that give us pleasure, God's eye candy if you will. Imagine all those important, innocent lives that have been lost before they could be recognized.

We are all so important to Him. This is no new concept. All we see around us is for our pleasure, but how much more important am I, we, than the beauty around us? 1Corinthians 8 shows us this: ...yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. (‭1Corinthians‬ ‭8‬:‭6‬) It does go on to say that not everyone recognizes this, though.

I don't know how to explain why He felt He needed to show this to me again. I suppose to reaffirm that if I call myself a child of God, am saved by the grace of His Son, Jesus, then I am special in His sight. And we who call ourselves children of God all can know this without a doubt. And, again, this is for all people who will put their trust in Him. He is here for everyone. He longs for a relationship with everyone, yet not all will respond.

1Corinthians 8:5 spoke of the idols we have in our lives. Those idols can be the very stumbling blocks that prevent us from knowing the one, true God. We cling to those idols or gods we have in our lives. They might include, and certainly are not limited to, certain beliefs, pride, strongholds to addictions of any kind, stubbornness... The biggest is pride which I believe is the root of all other idols. We cling tightly to our own beliefs, which may be wrong, our addictions, stubbornness...and anger, unforgiveness, hatred. We are encumbered by them when God wants us to be free from them.

Later we sang a song of thanks to our Lord. We can thank Him for all we are, what He has done in us, through us and all He has given us. We mean so much to Him. He wants for all of us to have Him mean so much to us. He wants the truth of His Word to be known and settled in our hearts and souls. I share with you what He has shown me. He is all we need.

Matthew 6:26 - Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?







No comments:

Post a Comment