Thursday, November 13, 2014

LIES, LIES, LIES


John 8:43-45 - Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 

I was deeply saddened this morning. To the point of weeping and crying out to God and screaming at the enemy for all the damnable lies he has thrust upon the people of this world all these years.

When I speak of "we" I speak in generalities. I was once part of the "we" group. This "we" group gets larger and larger as the days go on. As I write I'm torn between anger, frustration and grief over those I know who are victims of satan's lies.

Oh, people, understand that we have so walked opposed to God and we don't even know it. We believe the lies. We fall prey to the stupid...no, wretched...lies that anything God says, anything He has commanded, is wrong and not to be paid attention to. It's passé. Ancient history. Times have changed. Well, times have changed but our God has not. He is still the same today as He was when He created this world and all that is in it...and wrote commandments that we should live by.

We do not like, nor do we listen to, what God has to say anymore. Or at least the majority of the people do not. There is a remnant adhering to the things of God, those narrow path walkers. The rest...sadly, and why I'm filled with remorse this morning, want nothing to do with Him. Some do not want to know they are wrong in some of their beliefs. Others just follow what others have said. They have not dug for answers themselves. They are blind to the truth that sets people free keeping them bound in the chains the enemy has wrapped around their hearts and minds.

Hear my heart: Without the truth these lives will be lost forever in the great day when Jesus Christ returns. If I have remorse I can't imagine what God must feel. He loves greater than I ever could.

Whatever we see happening in this world is all a byproduct of the enemy's lies. Pride, greed, lust, anger...just a very few of the sins that control this world. Pride in thinking we are so great when we are not, that we can do whatever we want because we are who WE say we are and no one will tell us otherwise. Lust and greed just naturally follow our pride. Anger that anyone would confront us with truth.

There is no man worthy of anything. Yes, we do good things, patriotic things, honorable things. Sometimes it is for very good reasons. But it is still not enough in God's eyes unless in anything we do we give God the glory. You see, it's always been all about God.

Why all this? Briefly, I was stirred when I saw a post on Facebook which is pro abortion that a friend "liked." I read the malicious comments. I knew deep in my heart these people are so unaware. I'm saddened by the belief that what is so wrong is so right to some. The devil has so blinded them. God specifically states that some things are wrong. Others don't see it... Have I missed the mark here and there? Oh, yes. And for that I am truly sorry. But when these deep-seated tears came this morning, I knew they are just the tip of the amount of remorse and sadness God Himself feels. He knows the life's end of unbelievers. He wants none to perish. Sadly, some will.

It all boils down to what we have seen creeping, now catapulting...the lack of God in lives. I assume some have had so many issues because of the fallen world we live in that they have shaken their fist at Him instead of embracing Him for His strength and guidance through the truth of His Word. They may not understand why He allows bad to happen to good people. Again...none of us are good. None. None... When sin entered this world, we were all deemed sinners. Some find Christ; some do not.

I also know it ain't gonna get better. It's only going to get worse. Lord, strengthen me...strengthen us. We who know You as Lord and Savior need your strength to withstand all that is going to come at us. The persecution for our "narrow" beliefs which are Your truth. Give us the right words to speak, in love. I thank You, Lord, for being on what You call the narrow path that leads to life. I pray for those who are on the wide path where lies abound. That path leads to destruction. There are many I know on that path. Open their eyes. Open my eyes even further also, even if it hurts all the more to see others drifting away while I draw closer. Draw me closer, Lord. Draw others. 

Jesus was falsely accused and crucified. He did it on His own for each of us. All we need to do is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, to trust Him for our lives, to listen to His words of truth. To be set free from spiritual death. To see what truth actually is. There are people all over weeping as I wept today. I pray the Spirit of God would move.

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight...who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent...for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel. (‭Isaiah‬ ‭5‬:‭20-21,24‬)

No comments:

Post a Comment