Friday, November 14, 2014

The Simplicity of it All

Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

In prayer this morning I ventured into thoughts of if God can love me so much, He also loves those who do not acknowledge Him.

I think of the people that can irritate, anger, frustrate and disappoint. Thoughts of how God loves them come to mind. He created each one of them just like He created me. Psalm 139 speaks of this...and it is meant for all people..believers or not.

He can love but in the end He is also able to exact judgment upon those who simply will not call on the name of the Lord or acknowledge Him in their lives. His righteous anger is not like ours. He knows what He must do and He does it. "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.” (‭Mark‬ ‭8‬:‭38‬)

We can all be in that place of righteousness if we humbly and sincerely go to Jesus repenting of our sin, asking for His forgiveness and acknowledging Him as Lord and Savior. And then living each day with His thoughts in mind. The pure and just things that He shows us in His Word. And heeding the warnings of the people who failed to follow Him. It's all that simple.

The world wants peace but so often they want something other than Christ as their peace. The Jews who cried out "Crucify Him!" wanted something other than Jesus to be their Messiah. They wanted, as the world wants, their own way. They believe that if government were thus and so things would be better. They fight for causes. Is any of this ultimately going to work?

Jesus is the only hope for everlasting peace. No one says it better than He Himself: Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (‭John‬ ‭16‬:‭32-33‬)

We have brought on our own trials and tribulation...because we have left Jesus. We have come to a place in life, in this world, where we desire peace in ways other than through God. Politicians say they will bring this or that if they become president...maybe even promise hope and change! The only hope and change we can trust in is through Jesus Christ. For some their hope is in man, not a Man. Looking to a political candidate (and they are rare) who holds to godly values somehow seems archaic. No more of this God stuff, people proclaim in their hearts.

There will be a judgment some day for everyone. However, I know where true peace comes from. The simplicity of the day when I gave my heart to Christ is as fresh in my mind as what I had for supper last night, probably better! There you will find true peace.

God loves the sinner. He came to save the sinner. There's no doubt about it. In our human minds we can't comprehend how He can...and that love I am truly trying to understand. I may judge unrighteously at times. I should not. All judgment is for God alone. It will happen. However, I may judge righteously, with love for the sinner. Not always so easy, I admit. I still need some work!

Do not be deceived by what the world has to offer. It will not last. Jesus, the same today as yesterday and tomorrow, has all the answers. They are true and just. He's well worth seeking.

2Corinthians 11:3-4 - But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!




No comments:

Post a Comment