Friday, August 15, 2014

The Way, Truth and Life


John 14:1-10 

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe in Me also. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know."

Thomas said, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?" Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father.' Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works."


I have tried to put into words what Jesus is explaining to His disciples. I understand it. Blog after blog has stated it. I feel I don't want to just repeat myself.

It's very clear: Jesus is the only way, only truth and brings the only life. We must know Jesus. Not just of Him but really know Him. When we do all He has said above is perfectly clear.

I felt so bad for these disciples because while they were with Him they still didn't know all He was about to do...or even what they would do. But there's no excuse for our not understanding. We know why He came, what He did for us, what the outcome is if we receive Christ ourselves.

He did what no man has ever done or will ever do. If we rely on any clergyman for anything but leading us to Christ alone, we have not trusted in what Christ did for us. We are trusting in man.

I go to prepare a place for you. I will come again and receive you to Myself. Where I am, there you may be also. Where I go you know. I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. I am in the Father, and the Father in Me. I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

I...I...I. It's all about Him. He has done it all and continues to. He alone is the way, truth and life. No man in the world or in any church can do this. We must be pointed only to Christ. Our prayers are to go to Him. We pray in Jesus' name. THE name above ALL names. No other name, no other person.

As I was writing this I realized I was singing a song in my head: Our Master.

Our Master our Savior
You are Lord our King
Our Master our Savior
We give our praise 
To our King, To our King

You are the everlasting Father
The beginning and the end
There is no one that can take Your place
There is no other name

No one goes to the Father except through Him. We must reject all other teaching. No man, only Jesus. No other name except the name of Jesus.

1John 5:20 - And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment