Friday, August 22, 2014

I Will Manifest Myself


John 14:18-21

I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him. 


Do we really know Jesus? Or do we only know of Him?

When we go through trials do we automatically reach out to God or do we go into panic mode? Do we bow our heads and ask for His help, His guidance or do we seek someone else's advice, or just fret? I'm talking big things here, although we are to be in a constant state of asking for God's help, not just at that time of trouble.

Jesus says He will come to us. Here He is still preparing His disciples for His departure through His death. He is telling them that because they have followed Him and have believed all He says, that He is in them and they in Him. They love Him. (Except Judas) They have witnessed all He's done and they have heard Him. But even though He will leave the world, He will send the Holy Spirit to take His place.

To receive that Holy Spirit of power we must receive Christ. And when we do, we, too, can witness Him and hear Him...through His Word, in our own spirits. He clearly reveals Himself through the pages of the Bible. If we love Him, want to know more of Him, these become a greater part of our lives...wanting Him to reveal more of the things of God. This comes through the power of the Holy Spirit.

When we take the time to know Jesus intimately He does manifest Himself to us. The definition of manifest is: able to be seen, clearly shown or visible, easy to understand or recognize. Is He to you? It becomes obvious who He really is. And He changes who we are in the process. We know Him, not just know about Him.

We've all heard the saying it bears repeating. Jesus bears repeating. I repeat myself because the whole of what I have to say is about Jesus. Plain and simple. I'm not a fancy person; I'm just me. I write about what is most important. I know Jesus as my Savior and everyone would benefit from this relationship. I also understand not all want to hear it.

If a person truly wants to know Jesus, He will manifest Himself to them. He will send His Holy Spirit. He will make Himself known. He wishes that none perish. Sometimes He has to wait for just the right time to open one's eyes. But we still have a choice as to whether we want to take the time to know about Him more than just what so many believe is this "distant God." He does not need to seem distant.

He shows (manifests) Himself to us through blessing us. He brings peace and comfort and hope. He settles spirits when trials occurs. He brings that peace that passes all understanding...

He wants to manifest Himself in those who truly love Him, who love His Father. He says if we truly love Him, know Him, follow Him and heed His commandments, He will never leave us or forsake us. When difficulties arise, He will be there to be our hope. Even if those difficulties (illness, financial failure, loss of family, home...terrorism) result in death. I want that. I want to know that He is with me, that through the trial I need not fear because my eternal life is secure...that because He lives, I will live also. Only Jesus can assure one of this.

Has He manifest Himself in your life?

John 6:40 - This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment