Thursday, August 9, 2012

Breeze in the Trees!


Romans 8:38-39 - For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

I saw the breeze in the trees early this morning. I sensed the rains a'comin! And the next thing I knew they were upon us. I am in the northern woods of Wisconsin with a friend. We are enjoying God's quiet beauty and each others' company...and our own time of cribbage Olympics, as Carol says!


Heavenly Father, I thank You for this day. I thank You for the dark, gloomy skies and the rain that is pouring down. I thank You for the distant thunder that may come. I see the breeze in the trees and know You are showering us with Your love.

Thank you for Your presence this day, Lord God. Thank You for Your provision and  for a comfortable hideaway away from the storms of the day. Thank You for a quiet day of reflection of who You are and can be in our lives. Thank You that You wrap us in Your warmth and keep us sheltered.

Refresh us Lord like You refresh with rain. Renew our spirits and let our hearts become like the sun that we know will shine again tomorrow. 

You never leave us or forsake us! You are with us in all storms of life, just like You are in physical, refreshing storms. Your rains wash us clean of impurities. Wash us today, O God. Let our hearts be purified and filled with joy overflowing, like a rain gauge on a railing!!! You ARE our Living Water.

We praise You, O God, for Your wondrous creation. We praise You for Your goodness and Your love. We are indebted to You for our salvation, the greatest gift one could ever receive. We worship You for all that You have been, are and will be, for the promises in general and those promises specific to our each of our lives. Although we can't possibly understand all that You do, we are confident and rejoice that Your will is Your will and it WILL be good!

Thank You again for the refreshing rain and a day in You.

In Your precious name I pray, Jesus, amen.

Psalm 104:33-35 - I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad in the Lord. ... Bless the Lord, O my soul! Praise the Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment