Monday, January 23, 2012

Up

Psalm 121:1-2, 123:1, 113:4-5&7 - I will lift up my eyes to the hills--from whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. Unto You I lift up my eyes, O You who dwell in the heavens. The LORD is high above all nations, His glory above the heavens. Who is like the LORD our God, who dwells on high...He raises the poor out of the dust and lifts the needy out of the ash heap, that He may seat him with princes...

Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank You for my eyes that are lifted up to gaze on You this day. I'm thankful You raised me up from the death of this world and brought me new life. I lift my hands, my voice, my praise to You.

You are Creator God. You are the Word made flesh. 

You are seated in heavenly places on Your throne. You reign on high. All the heavens declare Your glory. One day You will return from above. You are exalted among the heavens. 

We are told to look up and we will be saved. When we worship You our hands are raised. Our hearts soar in Your presence. We will soar on eagles' wings because we have put our trust and fait h in You.

It's all about "up." Looking up. It's all about You, God of the heavens.

Look up. See that our redemption draws near. You lift us up out of our sinful lives to restore us. You take us up out of the pits of despair. The way of (worldly) success is moving up on our own. Spiritual success is looking up to the One who has a plan for each of our lives. 

Praises and prayers are lifted up to You. You hear from on high. 

When we are feeling good we claim we are in an up mood. Only You, Lord, can give us eternal peace, comfort, hope and joy. You lift us up. 

Lord, this is Your day. Let our praises to You be lifted up as we worship and praise You for this day...the day You have made. The day that rises before us.

My hands are lifted high and my voice shouts praises to the King who is high and lifted up, seated on His throne in Heaven. What an awesome God we serve! My spirit is filled with joy this morning. Joy that only comes from above.

I praise You and thank You, O God.

Matthew 17:7-8 - ...Jesus came and touched them and said, "Arise, and do not be afraid." When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.

No comments:

Post a Comment