Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Things of Life

1Peter 2:9 - But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Ah, the things of life! 

Yes, God is growing us into a closer relationship, purification and times of testing. He is calling us to be what the scripture above tells us. As He does, He blesses us. 

Our obedience to Him is a priority. Our listening to the still, small voice that tells us: Walk neither to the left nor to the right, but walk along the path I have placed before you. It is the straight path, even though there may be curves and twists. It's straight because of Me. Let me be your guide through the twists and turns of life. Put your sole trust in Me, the right Path, the right Way, the right Truth and Life. I am to be the Lamp unto your feet and the Light unto your Path. If you stay there My protection will be with you. What the world sees as the right way is quite often not My way. Seek Me and seek My ways and you will be blessed.
I have been contemplating the things that have surrounded me in the past week or so. Through it all I have, for the most part, sensed a marvelous peace. I have not, apart from one small incident the other day at a doctor's office, been out of sorts with concern. I have come to peaceful conclusions that whatever something is, it just is and not to get bent out of shape. If God's hand is in it, it will be good. I feel I have consulted the Lord, I have taken time to ask Him questions as I go about my day.

Like I shared yesterday, I called on the name of Jesus in a doctor's office for strength and He gave me what I needed...peace. He knew before I even asked the outcome of the situation and He came through. A minor thing, but imagine if we did that for everything! If we stay focused on Jesus, He makes straight our paths. As long as we stay on His path, He makes the twists and turns as if they did not exist. I felt led to look up straight for a definition according to a Bible Concordance. It does not only mean straight but forward, direct, level, smooth, and upright...true and sincere. Those twists and turns on our path are being directed by the Lord. Remember, He is our Way.

I still feel there is a lull before the proverbial storm. There is a time of waiting for the other shoe to drop. But I believe the Lord is taking me to a place of total trust in Him for what I cannot see happening in the future. I know He's doing this for a lot of people. Recognizing it is imperative. Everything is in His hands and that includes time. His timing is perfect. His judgments are just. His blessings are marvelous.

The time is now, before things get out of hand in this world, to fully, with trust, giving complete charge of our situations to the Lord. I am reminded often that the struggles we see in this world are not physical, but spiritual. To many they may look natural but if they know God's Word, there is a spiritual realm out there to take into consideration. Yes, it does exist.

Oh my...there will come a day when we will be in turmoil and yet the children of God will be miraculously protected. The children of God will be at peace in the midst of people who are shocked at what they see. I don't wish this on anyone, but it will happen. We are either for God or against Him, willing to obey or not, willing to receive Him or reject Him. It's our choice.

When we choose the right thing, the right Way, the right relationship and choose to stand with our feet firmly planted in the light of God's Word, we can have the assurance of God's protection. Amen!

I can't imagine anyone not wanting the assurance of life eternal through Jesus Christ; I can't imagine anyone rejecting His blessings when they are so good. When we reach out for God's salvation we become that chosen generation, clothed in the royalty of our King. He has taken us out of darkness and brought us into His Light. Jesus is that Light. That Light is life.

This is for anyone who chooses to receive. Just know and believe in your heart that Jesus lived and died, was resurrected and is alive today....He was and is and is to come. Confess Him with your mouth and know with your heart that He just IS. Then trust in Him. Obey Him. Learn about Him and the promises for those who choose to be in close relationship with Jesus...the Son of God...to become His children and heirs in the Kingdom. 

We see and have the things of the world and although there is nothing wrong with these things, we also need to understand the ability to let them go. We CAN live without them. We CAN live only with the knowledge of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior, Redeemer. He lifts us up when we are down. We can keep our eyes focused on Him and walk confidently in His marvelous light. Alleluia!

John 8:12 - Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." 

No comments:

Post a Comment